UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

75 gallon used?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

Favorite Fish: : I really love the big boys, but I have a place in my heart for all fish. I guess my current favorite is my Chocolate (turning Orange) Oranda.

75 gallon used? Empty
PostSubject: 75 gallon used?   75 gallon used? Icon_minitime3/7/2011, 10:03 pm

OK- I remember reading a post about a large older style ALL Glass with cracked plastic supports/frame. It seemed the concensus was that it was okay and the plastic may not be needed?

I am looking at a 75 gallon (not sure if it will hold water) project tank. The pastic support on the top is cracked. The guy is afraid it will not support the water but it is an older style heavy tank. It does not come with a hood. I looked any can buy a new one for $150. That would bring the cost up to $230 - or could I put 2- 24" hoods on it? As much as I hate PetSmart (and I hate them alot)- they have a 75 gallon combo for $199 (not including shipping).

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/for/2249404347.html

I was thinking about offering the guy $50 for it. I realize I may have to have my husband work on it maybe I can talk him into building me a custom stand and hood combo. I really have no room to set it up right now and the next 6 weeks it will likely just be sitting empty in storage.

What do you guys think? This is Alaska- everything costs an arm and a leg to ship up here.

Also- has anyone had any custom art painted onto there back grounds? My daughter is a pretty talented artist and I was thinking about having her do a project on the background of my next tank before I set it up.

Thanks,

Julie
Back to top Go down
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

75 gallon used? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon used?   75 gallon used? Icon_minitime3/7/2011, 11:19 pm

julie you can always get a piece of glass cut and silicone it in place for the support.... make sure it is silicone glass to glass so measure under the plastic from glass to glass and thats wher you wanna silicone it also use 1/4" glass and like a 6" wide support
Back to top Go down

75 gallon used? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon used?   75 gallon used? Icon_minitime3/8/2011, 2:55 am

yes it will need a support brace I use heavy plexiglass for supports. I would use more than just silicone to attach it. I paint the backs of my tanks all the time you just have to do it in reverse details first background last.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

75 gallon used? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon used?   75 gallon used? Icon_minitime3/8/2011, 8:26 am

I would say get it and see what you can do. Keep searching on craigslist. ...they key is to be patience b/c there will always be something coming and going on CL. Don't spend $200 plus tax and then what will be like $300 when ur all said n done on a 75G tank. Be patience you will find some good deals.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

75 gallon used? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon used?   75 gallon used? Icon_minitime3/8/2011, 8:35 am

I found these.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/hsh/2249062285.html
http://anchorage.craigslist.org/for/2253172162.html
http://anchorage.craigslist.org/hsh/2251371664.html
http://anchorage.craigslist.org/fuo/2238402775.html

To be honest compared to Texas....WOW I was looking at 55G for $450. Here in Texas some people give them away lol! Another thing I noticed is there is a lot of fish people on the CL in Anch. People asking fish questions and doing fish rescues. We need people like that on here. usafishbox
Back to top Go down
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

Favorite Fish: : I really love the big boys, but I have a place in my heart for all fish. I guess my current favorite is my Chocolate (turning Orange) Oranda.

75 gallon used? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon used?   75 gallon used? Icon_minitime3/8/2011, 11:06 am

I actually looked at all of those adds. I am pretty patient. I am in no hurry. We have 4 tanks set up, but I realize that I do need to convert one of them to hospital tank and I refuse to set up another smaller tank.

What I really need to do is start cleaning out my office and painting it for my future fish room.... Taking out the carpet- putting in some different floors etc... Can I have my cake and eat it too?

All in good time. The right deal will come along eventually. I was just currios about the 75 gallon.

Thanks,

Julie
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

75 gallon used? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon used?   75 gallon used? Icon_minitime3/8/2011, 11:30 am

I would go for it.
Back to top Go down
SchutzhundJunkie
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
SchutzhundJunkie

75 gallon used? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon used?   75 gallon used? Icon_minitime3/8/2011, 11:24 pm

The guys says the tank does not leak. I offered $50 he countered at $60. I am going to hold at $50 and uf he still has it this weekend I may get him to come down. It is just going to be sitting until April/May.

Could I use 2/ 24" hoods? Just looking at options.

Thx-

Julie
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

75 gallon used? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 75 gallon used?   75 gallon used? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

75 gallon used?
Page 1 of 1