UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

German Blue Rams

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

German Blue Rams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: German Blue Rams   German Blue Rams - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/3/2009, 9:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

I now have two breeding pairs of German Blue Rams in a 55 gallon tank with 15 Harlequin Rasbora. That is the only stock. It is lightly planted with flat rocks that they have laid eggs on but both pairs which are young (4-6 months from what I can gather) have eaten their first batch of eggs before they hatched. They guarded them for a day or so and then slowly ate them. I hear that they usually take 4-5 batches to get it right. Is this true?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Rams   German Blue Rams - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 5:50 pm

Put male C in with female A and see what happens. But move the male not female.
Add some stress coat if you have it.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Rams   German Blue Rams - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 5:54 pm

Male C is now in 55 gallon with Pair B and Female A. We'll see what happens!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Rams   German Blue Rams - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/13/2009, 6:35 pm

Keep us posted I hope it works out!
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Rams   German Blue Rams - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/14/2009, 12:53 pm

I split the tank up into two sections to keep aggression down and added the other male. The fighting has stopped, but neither seem interested in breeding with her. Maybe it's early yet...
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Rams   German Blue Rams - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/15/2009, 1:15 pm

Female B died today. The water is still testing the same. I moved Female C in today. Hopefully with 4 I can get at least one pair. I'm disappointed...
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Rams   German Blue Rams - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/16/2009, 12:47 pm

Quick update. All of the fish in the tank seem to be doing well. Male C and Female C are a team and I think that they may be a pair despite not spawning yet. We will see in the coming weeks whether they feel the need to do the deed. Female A and Male B still show no signs of interest. If I don't get any pairs within the next month or so, maybe I'll try introducing another female or two and once I get two pairs I'll trade back in the other unpaired fish. Any other thoughts? Suggestions?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Rams   German Blue Rams - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/16/2009, 2:06 pm

That sounds like a good plan. I would get them from a different source though. I think the guys you got were inbred and that's why they just up and died. That's the only thing I can think of is bad genetics. Usually when breeding you want fish from several different sources so you have stronger fry.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Rams   German Blue Rams - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/16/2009, 7:39 pm

Update. Male C is hanging around and guarding the breeding rock with Female A! It looks like they may be trying to do the dance soon! Yay! I'll take pictures if and when I get eggs! I'm so happy! Maybe all of this work paid off!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Rams   German Blue Rams - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/17/2009, 8:12 am

German Blue Rams - Page 2 265353
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Rams   German Blue Rams - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/21/2009, 9:05 am

Male B has died. I am so confused. So now I only have one male and two females. Not good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Rams   German Blue Rams - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/21/2009, 9:08 am

I'm really thinking its bad genes.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Rams   German Blue Rams - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/21/2009, 9:09 am

It has to be. I'm at a loss for words on this one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Rams   German Blue Rams - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/21/2009, 9:09 am

and some fish just dont work for some people.....
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Rams   German Blue Rams - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/21/2009, 9:10 am

That may be the case. This area is just bad for them I have a feeling. I may need something a little more hardy.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Rams   German Blue Rams - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/25/2009, 3:16 pm

Down to one male and one female. This is massively frustrating. On the bright side, this means that I may soon have some new fishies that will thrive in my water!
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Rams   German Blue Rams - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/25/2009, 3:16 pm

BTW I got guppy fry yesterday!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Rams   German Blue Rams - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/25/2009, 3:18 pm

Ouch! and yay!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: German Blue Rams   German Blue Rams - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

German Blue Rams
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2