UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

what to put in a 50gal.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

Favorite Fish: : Mollys, BN plec, and Thoracochromis brauschi

what to put in a 50gal. Empty
PostSubject: what to put in a 50gal.   what to put in a 50gal. Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 7:53 pm

I found a deal on CL with full set ups to a 50 ,35, and 10 gal for 50 bucks! http://fayar.craigslist.org/for/2247996442.html and i know i want a breeding pair of angels in my 35, my 10 gal is going to be an extra fry tank and now im left with planning to do with the 50 gal.

Im wanting some kind of cichlid for sure but not sure on the types and im still learning about them so im not sure about my options. I know i do want to breed them. So please help me out by suggestiong some diffrent types that will do well and provide a little info on their conditions and where they are from and male female ratio!

Thanks ahead of time :)

(oh yeah i already have kribs so please dont suggest kribs!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what to put in a 50gal.   what to put in a 50gal. Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 9:32 pm

An African male mix. What are the dimensions on the 50? Angels are chiclids.
Back to top Go down
Keelo
Major
Major
Keelo

Favorite Fish: : Mollys, BN plec, and Thoracochromis brauschi

PostSubject: Re: what to put in a 50gal.   what to put in a 50gal. Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 10:13 pm

yeah angels are going in the 35 bow front :) i was wanting a different cichlid for the 50 and im wanting to breed them... i think it would be interesting to try out some kind of mouth brooder but not sure on what kinds are out there that would work in the 50, not sure on the dimensions yet till they are here. I didn't even bother asking because it was such a great deal lol and really im doing the guy a favor.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: what to put in a 50gal.   what to put in a 50gal. Icon_minitime3/5/2011, 10:53 pm

Plenty to Choose from. In a 50G try some Mbuna.
Back to top Go down
Dan W.
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : To many to list but mostly Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: what to put in a 50gal.   what to put in a 50gal. Icon_minitime3/6/2011, 2:27 pm

Yep, Mbuna african cichlids, lots of color, very active, mouth brooder and pretty easy to keep. If your tap water is alkaline and hard its perfect for them. Lots of info online on the fish and how to setup tank. lol
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: what to put in a 50gal.   what to put in a 50gal. Icon_minitime3/6/2011, 3:42 pm

i agree.... fish!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what to put in a 50gal.   what to put in a 50gal. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what to put in a 50gal.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: Freshwater Aquaria :: General Freshwater Fish Discussion-
Jump to: