UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

DIY Canopy for 125

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

DIY Canopy for 125 Empty
PostSubject: DIY Canopy for 125   DIY Canopy for 125 Icon_minitime2/24/2011, 2:47 pm

My first attempt at a canopy. I made it out of Pine, painted with black Semi-Gloss Spray Paint.

I wasn't sure about how to built one with a hinge, so this is built in a similar design as the typical pine ones that you see at the pet stores except that you take the top completely off. It worked out great because after the tops are off, it only takes one person to slide the canopy off to access to the tank.

DIY Canopy for 125 IMG_2533
Front

DIY Canopy for 125 IMG_2525
Back

DIY Canopy for 125 IMG_2538
Corner

DIY Canopy for 125 IMG_2537

DIY Canopy for 125 IMG_2536
Tank Shot
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

DIY Canopy for 125 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Canopy for 125   DIY Canopy for 125 Icon_minitime2/24/2011, 2:53 pm

Awesome job! Where do I place my order for a 50 tall canopy? (My next project with lighting and hinged.. But you did set a standard that will be hard to reach! Great job again.
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

DIY Canopy for 125 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Canopy for 125   DIY Canopy for 125 Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 11:16 pm

Thanks Will!, I'll be modifying this design with some hinges to make it easier during feeding times. If anyone has other ideas, I plan to build more canopies in the future for my other tanks, so any suggestions are welcome. :)
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

DIY Canopy for 125 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Canopy for 125   DIY Canopy for 125 Icon_minitime2/27/2011, 11:21 pm

Great job hong! A+ work
Back to top Go down

DIY Canopy for 125 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Canopy for 125   DIY Canopy for 125 Icon_minitime2/28/2011, 4:45 am

Looks great!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

DIY Canopy for 125 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Canopy for 125   DIY Canopy for 125 Icon_minitime2/28/2011, 8:46 am

You did a fantastic job!!! yes good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DIY Canopy for 125 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DIY Canopy for 125   DIY Canopy for 125 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DIY Canopy for 125
Page 1 of 1