UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Noob from SE Oklahoma!

Go down 
+13
cwillis
BFinley
Ben
Holey Rock of Texas
KMX
Bruggen
halnick
jessecichlidguy
CajunGator
ornate12
Snookemz
Keelo
brokeashell
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
brokeashell
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
brokeashell

Favorite Fish: : Peacock Cichlids

Noob from SE Oklahoma! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Noob from SE Oklahoma!   Noob from SE Oklahoma! - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/21/2011, 11:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello everyone! My name is Matt, but in most forums/games I use the handle "brokeashell". I'm 27 and currently living in McAlester, Oklahoma. I am a fish noob. I bought my first aquarium about a year ago and have managed to keep my fish alive! I don't know all the species of cichlids in my tank... maybe you guys/gals can help?

BTW, Whoever thought it was a good idea to post ads in craigslist... You sir are a genius! That's how I found this site.

Here is my 55 gallon setup, enjoy!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
brokeashell
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Noob from SE Oklahoma!   Noob from SE Oklahoma! - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2011, 8:37 am

Yeah, he was an Auratus... But the albinos are peacocks (or atleast that's what the store owner told me). I will try to take a better picture of them so you can see the stripes on their sides. Also, I think I have a hybrid electric blue ahli... from pictures I've found, my female looks like the blue ahli, but my male has an orange tint over the blue (which looks wicked in the right light).
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Noob from SE Oklahoma!   Noob from SE Oklahoma! - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2011, 9:05 am

I was thinking the same thing about the Blue Ahli. That is what you will get when you buy from a LFS. I personaly think it should be illegal for a fish store to sell a fish that says Electric Blue Ahli but infact it is not. Kills me
Back to top Go down
fish head 378
Private First Class
Private First Class
fish head 378

Favorite Fish: : All of them!

PostSubject: Re: Noob from SE Oklahoma!   Noob from SE Oklahoma! - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2011, 9:10 am

I'm with ya on the craigslist. Welcome to the box.
Back to top Go down
brokeashell
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
brokeashell

Favorite Fish: : Peacock Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Noob from SE Oklahoma!   Noob from SE Oklahoma! - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2011, 11:10 am

Well I got 3 "hybrid" Blue Ahli from Aquarium Concepts in Oklahoma City. The owner even told me they were wild caught. Strange thing is, I've always heard good things about that shop. I guess these things happen though.

Even if he is a hybrid, he is my favorite fish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Noob from SE Oklahoma!   Noob from SE Oklahoma! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Noob from SE Oklahoma!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2