UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Firemouths color almost all gone

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

Firemouths color almost all gone Empty
PostSubject: Firemouths color almost all gone   Firemouths color almost all gone Icon_minitime1/27/2011, 10:31 pm

the firemouth on the bottom is my largest and in the recent months he just doesnt eat hardly much at all and hes losing all his color and turning almost white...The smaller younger firemouths have outstading color but also eat like crazy..But he just doesnt seem to attack the food anymore like the smaller ones do.. Other then his color gone hes body looks great I am gonna get some frozen foods this weekend to see if he might eat that...anyone know whats going on?????Firemouths color almost all gone Firemo10(sorry about pic quality)
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Firemouths color almost all gone   Firemouths color almost all gone Icon_minitime1/27/2011, 10:32 pm

well guess its not the bottom fish but the middle one lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Firemouths color almost all gone   Firemouths color almost all gone Icon_minitime1/27/2011, 11:29 pm

He looks really thin. I would put him in a quarantine tank just in case.
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Firemouths color almost all gone   Firemouths color almost all gone Icon_minitime1/27/2011, 11:32 pm

well i dont have one right now...
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Firemouths color almost all gone   Firemouths color almost all gone Icon_minitime1/27/2011, 11:35 pm

yea he is thin...This is the same tank that i had another large one die a few months ago with that open red sore ..I posted a pic of it on here
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Firemouths color almost all gone   Firemouths color almost all gone Icon_minitime1/27/2011, 11:35 pm

a bucket and airstone will work in am emergency. If he's sick he could infect the others. It could be TB wash your hand throughly when anywhere near the tank.
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Firemouths color almost all gone   Firemouths color almost all gone Icon_minitime1/27/2011, 11:44 pm

i do have a uv sterilizer.......ewwww i got a mouthfull of the water just last week lol
Back to top Go down
OceansideCICHLIDS
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Firemouths color almost all gone   Firemouths color almost all gone Icon_minitime1/28/2011, 12:21 am

Here is some steps you should do.

1) Check water Parameters. (If low on cash, take your water in a bag to petsmart and they will test it for free)
2) Do a 50% Water Change WEEKLY for the next couple of weeks. After a month, do it about every two weeks.
3) If he is thin and not eating then most likely it could be an internal parasite. Go to your LFS and ask the worker for a good Internal Parasite medication. Follow the Med instructions
4) Increase water temp to 78-80 degrees.

Do these steps, and you should be fine. I had a Convict that was recently doin this to me. Make sure you stay up on your water changes, Food quality, and Filters.

What Size tank and what filtration are you using?
Back to top Go down
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Firemouths color almost all gone   Firemouths color almost all gone Icon_minitime1/28/2011, 12:39 am

OceansideCICHLIDS wrote:

1) Check water Parameters. (If low on cash, take your water in a bag to petsmart and they will test it for free)
2) Do a 50% Water Change WEEKLY for the next couple of weeks. After a month, do it about every two weeks.
3) If he is thin and not eating then most likely it could be an internal parasite. Go to your LFS and ask the worker for a good Internal Parasite medication. Follow the Med instructions

Do these steps, and you should be fine. I had a Convict that was recently doin this to me. Make sure you stay up on your water changes, Food quality, and Filters.

55 gallon..340gph HOB and 100gph HOB filters..7 firemouths, 3 SAE , and 1 CAE
Back to top Go down
OceansideCICHLIDS
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Firemouths color almost all gone   Firemouths color almost all gone Icon_minitime1/28/2011, 12:08 pm

Ok, Just follow the steps for a month, and the fish so heal up.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Firemouths color almost all gone   Firemouths color almost all gone Icon_minitime1/28/2011, 3:40 pm

OceansideCICHLIDS wrote:

Firemouths color almost all gone 858205 Firemouths color almost all gone 858205 Firemouths color almost all gone 858205
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firemouths color almost all gone   Firemouths color almost all gone Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Firemouths color almost all gone
Page 1 of 1