UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

quick cycle Question

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

quick cycle Question - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: quick cycle Question   quick cycle Question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 9:38 am

First topic message reminder :

honestly now....about how long into a cycle does it take for algea and what not to bloom!
i added NSW to start off the tank all params are in check
and the only part of the cycle visible so far was really cloudy water!
the tank is Crystal Clear now
the rock in their is not live! it was comnpletely dead (base rock)
and so was the sand......
was the cycle super quick becuz of the natural (already) salt water?
plz help me in figuring out:)
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

PostSubject: Re: quick cycle Question   quick cycle Question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 12:25 pm

not bad.....were the hell can i find a local distributor?
i wouldnt even know were to look......the lfs?
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: quick cycle Question   quick cycle Question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 12:26 pm

I dont mean to be the gloomy guss here but you cant keep one Mandarin in that size tank.
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: quick cycle Question   quick cycle Question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 12:27 pm

No? Not like they swim much.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: quick cycle Question   quick cycle Question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 12:31 pm

i actually had a cpl ppl on Nano-Reef tell me i might be able to get away with one as the only in the tank. due to the fact that all they do is eat. and barely swim at all.
that i can play it off for a while
i do plan on upgrading soon! iv been looking for a bigger place and i think i found a winner....so in a cpl months ill go from pico to 40 breeder or even better....my 35 dallar 110g:) reef ready

Last edited by alkomist on 1/5/2011, 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: quick cycle Question   quick cycle Question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 12:33 pm

they are the hummingbirds of the fish world they are constantly eating.
30 gallon minimum
You need to have a minimum of 75 lbs of Live Rock.
strongly recommend having a working refugium incorporated and teaming with 'pods' of all kinds.
it will just slowly starve to death.
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: quick cycle Question   quick cycle Question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 12:35 pm

youre right all they do is eat! thats where the problem is if you can't supply enough copepods it will die.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: quick cycle Question   quick cycle Question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 12:39 pm

these arent the Regular mandarins!
these i think are smaller and dont eat pods! AT ALL!!!!! so the need for all that you listed wont be neccesary i think
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: quick cycle Question   quick cycle Question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 12:42 pm

check em out
http://blog.aquanerd.com/2010/08/ora-unleashes-blue-mandarin-onto-the-public.html
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: quick cycle Question   quick cycle Question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 12:43 pm

Yeah these are ORA blue mandarins. They've been eating frozen, flake, brine shrimp, and chopped up blood worms for six months before they leave ORA. If it's the only thing in the tank, you just turn the power heads off to feed it.

These will actually starve to death because they WON'T eat pods from several of the forum threads I've seen.
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: quick cycle Question   quick cycle Question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 12:49 pm

ooh and lack of pods turns them homosexual

Quote :

The males will gather in groups of 2 to 4 fish and try to spawn with each other. When the females come close they aggressively chase them away. When the males aren’t trying to spawn with one another they are busy chasing each other and nipping fins. You may see a little bit of fin damage in some of the fish that we will be shipping out, we expect this to heal up quickly and we ask for your patience and understanding.
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: quick cycle Question   quick cycle Question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 12:53 pm

wha??? lol
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: quick cycle Question   quick cycle Question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 1:23 pm

yea i saw that! LOL
now i just gotta locate a distibutor
any ideas on were to locate one?
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: quick cycle Question   quick cycle Question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 1:26 pm

lfs?
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: quick cycle Question   quick cycle Question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 1:30 pm

yea................were would you order from?
is their a place in TX? near ya?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: quick cycle Question   quick cycle Question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 1:33 pm

google ORA and your area (Fontana Ca)
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: quick cycle Question   quick cycle Question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 1:33 pm

thank you:)
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: quick cycle Question   quick cycle Question - Page 2 Icon_minitime1/5/2011, 6:13 pm

http://www.orafarm.com/hobbyists.html

heres what i found! they dont sell straight up to hobbiests! only to licensed shops!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: quick cycle Question   quick cycle Question - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

quick cycle Question
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2