UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Following my own advice!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Following my own advice!  Empty
PostSubject: Following my own advice!    Following my own advice!  Icon_minitime12/29/2010, 2:48 pm

Rushing around today i did a waterchange on the angel fry tank and when I looked at the tank 20 min later I lost around 60 angel fry!! I forgot to condition the water with Prime!!!!!!!!!Following my own advice!  196631 Following my own advice!  196631 Following my own advice!  196631 Following my own advice!  196631 Following my own advice!  196631 Following my own advice!  196631 poop poop poop poop poop mad im stupid Oh well they will be breeding again soon. I just hate it when I make such a stupid mistake. I preach patience and didn't follow my own advice. GGRRRRR
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: Following my own advice!    Following my own advice!  Icon_minitime12/29/2010, 3:02 pm

Ouch! So sry to hear that. I too fall victim to such feats from time to time.
Back to top Go down
Shaysfishys
Captain
Captain
Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: Following my own advice!    Following my own advice!  Icon_minitime12/29/2010, 6:00 pm

That sucks!!!! But I too have had those moments.

Out here in redneckvilla the one thing I can say for city water is that the quality is the same year round, haven't added anything to water now in quite sometime other than when deciding to hatch a spawn myself. Been here for over 7 years, stopped the whole testing tap water thing a few years back since it was literally only a .0001 difference up or down from week to week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Following my own advice!    Following my own advice!  Icon_minitime12/29/2010, 7:09 pm

Ouch!

Ya I did that once, lost 17 F1 red top lawandas, it hurts!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Following my own advice!    Following my own advice!  Icon_minitime12/29/2010, 8:22 pm

dang that really sukz... prime prime prime... prime it always..
Back to top Go down
jb1edlover
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
jb1edlover

Favorite Fish: : I have the fish in my avatar but the photo was taken by Nick Andreola of the HCCC. His photography skills are a little better than mine!

PostSubject: Re: Following my own advice!    Following my own advice!  Icon_minitime12/29/2010, 9:17 pm

Vixon I guess I can be honest too!!! When I move here last December from San Antonio... I set up 75 fish tanks in my garage! I treated/conditioned all the water in the tanks (I thought) and was ready for the fish. So I contacted Rare Dave out of San Antonio and he flew (SouthWest airlines) all of my fish to me. I had left them in his care at his fish store. The fish arrived that afternoon. I drove down to the airport and got them. I got home floated them and released them 30 minutes later. The next morning 6 tanks (All the fish) were dead.... all on the same row. Nothing else in the entire garage was dead. Then I replayed it in my head and the water level was getting close to the top in one of the larger tanks so I stopped adding prime and ran over to move the hose. I forgot to go back and put prime in that row I had left. So I lost several colonies of fry. I was able to reestablish the fish from fry I gave to others before I moved here. Anyway it took several days to get over that.... That's the next to the worst idiot mistake I've made in the fish hobby!!! I'm too embarrased to tell the other one!
JB
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Following my own advice!    Following my own advice!  Icon_minitime12/29/2010, 10:06 pm

OUCH! 2 all 3 of you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Following my own advice!    Following my own advice!  Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 5:04 am

Oh come on Jb what's #1!!!! Curiosity kills me. This was by far my biggest blunder! In the 60's everything was a guessing game so tons of mistakes were made including buying an electric catfish with no information to be found on it. Can anyone say death wish and not for the fish!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Following my own advice!    Following my own advice!  Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 6:05 am

Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Following my own advice!    Following my own advice!  Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 6:34 am

cleaned out the tank this morning and found 3 gold fry made it are doing well. They were hiding in a plant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Following my own advice!    Following my own advice!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Following my own advice!
Page 1 of 1