UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

I made some transport buckets :-)

Go down 
+11
jaiko1975
mike205
Elrollo
ornate12
BFinley
Holey Rock of Texas
pillierox1
KMX
alkomist
CajunGator
elfwolfe
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
elfwolfe
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
elfwolfe

Favorite Fish: : graduating from community fish to aggressive fish (cichlids), but will always have a soft spot for my krbs and betta's.

I made some transport buckets :-) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: I made some transport buckets :-)   I made some transport buckets :-) - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/7/2010, 1:50 pm

First topic message reminder :

Thanks to Fern and her dividers post, I got some creative juices going. I will be moving in January and there are a few fish I do not want to get rid of (mainly my Syn.) and because this drive would take a few days, I could not just put them in bags... So to keep them seperated so they wont gauge each other, I came up with this idea-
I made some transport buckets :-) - Page 2 Img_0222

This is the one that will hold some fish other than Syn. in the center portion-
I made some transport buckets :-) - Page 2 Img_0223
I made some transport buckets :-) - Page 2 Img_0224
I made some transport buckets :-) - Page 2 Img_0225

and this one is for Syn.-
I made some transport buckets :-) - Page 2 Img_0226
I made some transport buckets :-) - Page 2 Img_0227
I made some transport buckets :-) - Page 2 Img_0228

In both boxes, the dividers are ankered with silicone. I started to use silicone to "glue" the dividers together, but that plan got replaced with small zipties carefully placed so the fish will not have contact with them. Both boxes will only be filled to half way, and the only thing I have left to do is plug the remaining holes in the handles (where the air hose is going into the box) with silicone.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
76dragon
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: I made some transport buckets :-)   I made some transport buckets :-) - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 7:25 am

Good idea. DIY
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: I made some transport buckets :-)   I made some transport buckets :-) - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 7:38 am

Aweslme idea. Can also use small sponge filter in it also
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: I made some transport buckets :-)   I made some transport buckets :-) - Page 2 Icon_minitime12/30/2010, 9:37 am

yes
Back to top Go down
williemcd
Major
Major
williemcd

Favorite Fish: : Angels and hopefully soon Discus

PostSubject: Re: I made some transport buckets :-)   I made some transport buckets :-) - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/13/2011, 1:49 pm

FWIW... I've a neighbor that buys the Omaha steak packages.. the coolers they come in are quite sizable and close to 2 inches thick.. without that you can go to the big box stores, visit the pet department and snarf up the coolers they receive their fish in.. approx. 14" X 20 " with a depth of about 16 inches..Bill in Va.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I made some transport buckets :-)   I made some transport buckets :-) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I made some transport buckets :-)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2