UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!!

Go down 
+5
KMX
alkomist
Elrollo
razzbuten
bcijoe
9 posters
AuthorMessage
bcijoe
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
bcijoe

Favorite Fish: : Betta, Pacu, Clown Loach, Alfbn Pleco, Yellow Fin Barb (Lemon Barb), White Fin Rosy Tetra, Congo Tetra, more

Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! Empty
PostSubject: Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!!   Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! Icon_minitime11/4/2010, 3:05 pm

Just picked these up at my specialty LFS ... dance

guy said 'Poly' something or other, or atleast I thought he did... or maybe they're just plaetus? chin

but the tails on these guys are one and a half times their body length! yes

pectoral fins are about full body length, and dorsal fin is about half... :)

really cool little boogers! pimp

anyone else keep these?

Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! DSCN0924
Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! DSCN0925
Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! DSCN0923
Back to top Go down
bcijoe
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
bcijoe

Favorite Fish: : Betta, Pacu, Clown Loach, Alfbn Pleco, Yellow Fin Barb (Lemon Barb), White Fin Rosy Tetra, Congo Tetra, more

PostSubject: Re: Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!!   Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! Icon_minitime11/4/2010, 3:06 pm

or plateaus.. lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!!   Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! Icon_minitime11/4/2010, 3:46 pm

Any chance of a side pic? They could be line bred for the long fins the same way bristle nose plecos have been.

Make sure you don't have them with any fin nippers, put them with those 2 plattys and corys I gave ya.
Back to top Go down
razzbuten
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : Ones that taste the best...prefer them to be raw

PostSubject: Re: Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!!   Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! Icon_minitime11/4/2010, 4:22 pm

thats some serious fin action
Back to top Go down
bcijoe
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
bcijoe

PostSubject: Re: Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!!   Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! Icon_minitime11/4/2010, 4:58 pm

yup, thanks guys... I was astonished when I saw their fins... have never seen fins on any 'long fin' that long...

They are still tiny too!

I have them in a 10g for now with those platys, some dime sized angels, a few cherry barbs, and that's it... I moved those other corys for now because they were monsters compared to these and I didn't want to crowd the floor space..

Any chance those corys you gave me could've bred? the female looks a little plump around the belly... and if so, I think I read that it is difficult to get the eggs to turn into viable fry?

did you have a seperate post on that?

OH, also picked up an oak 65g high today for $25 !!! That will go on top of the 40 breeder stand...

Glad I bought the 4 pack of silicone, i'll need it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!!   Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! Icon_minitime11/4/2010, 5:36 pm

Ya its here somewhere, the whole cory saga funny all my failures and success in one very very long post!
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!!   Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! Icon_minitime11/5/2010, 1:03 am

dang thought those were butterfly Koi when i saw them at first nice looking fish
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!!   Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! Icon_minitime11/5/2010, 8:28 am

theyre ghost corys! lol
(just my nickname for em:) )
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!!   Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! Icon_minitime11/5/2010, 8:30 am

Purdy. Nice long fins.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!!   Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! Icon_minitime11/5/2010, 8:35 am

Find out what the base cory is. well the cory they are bread from..... if its Corydoras aeneus, the bronze cory you can breed them with the 2 I gave you.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!!   Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! Icon_minitime11/5/2010, 8:44 am

those are really nice, the corys i got from u fern are all monkey running round and my cat just watches the whole time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!!   Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! Icon_minitime11/5/2010, 8:58 am

Pilli, I'm glad to hear they are doing well and happy!
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!!   Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! Icon_minitime11/5/2010, 9:00 am

wow nice looking fish! Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! 393849
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!!   Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! Icon_minitime11/5/2010, 11:26 am

yes their doing great, and they tease my cat non-stop, i swear they hide until my cat is there and start going insane, lol. but i hope the long finned corys do great!!
Back to top Go down
bcijoe
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
bcijoe

PostSubject: Re: Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!!   Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! Icon_minitime11/5/2010, 11:41 am

thanks.. just noticed one of their dorsals is longer than its body, the other is about half that..

Jill I mentioned in the first post that I thought he said they were 'poly..' something.. but from google'ing, they seem to be paleatus, or pepperred corys..

they already have some of the markings, just not much, then again they are tiny.. 1/2" little boogers with inch and a half long fins... lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!!   Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! Icon_minitime11/5/2010, 11:45 am

ok ya peppered corys are nice!
wow 1/2"! that is small!
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!!   Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 7:47 am

I've never been a big fan of the long finned varieties. Not sure what it is about them but it just doesn't tickle me fancy.
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!!   Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! Icon_minitime11/7/2010, 8:20 am

wow never seen them with such long fins..congrats..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!!   Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Woohoo, New Long Fin Corys... REALLY long fin!!!
Page 1 of 1