UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Hello from Fredericksburg VA

Go down 
+11
Holey Rock of Texas
08can-am
OldTanks
James0816
wildbeanerz
Elrollo
goodpick
CajunGator
BFinley
istrober
cmh392
15 posters
AuthorMessage
cmh392
Private
Private
cmh392

Favorite Fish: : All fish..partial to ciclids and having fun with saltwater fir the first time

Hello from Fredericksburg VA Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Fredericksburg VA   Hello from Fredericksburg VA Icon_minitime10/25/2010, 6:25 am

Hi, Im Chris and I've got 4 tanks. First is a 125G with large fish, Jack Dempsey, 2 Manganese, a Red Devil and a whopping 22"Pacu (We'd like to find him a new home by the way if anyone has any ideas). Then we have a 55G as a community tank, a 47G tall, deep tank (our most difficult to maintain) with 3 baby Green Terrors, and last a 14G Saltwater Biocube with a Clarkii Clown, a very fussy anemone and a Turbo Snail who is trying his best to take care of a Red Bubble Algae problem I inherited with the tank. I've been keeping fish for about ten years but this is the first time with saltwater (bout 6mos).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fredericksburg VA   Hello from Fredericksburg VA Icon_minitime10/25/2010, 6:28 am

welcome Chris
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fredericksburg VA   Hello from Fredericksburg VA Icon_minitime10/25/2010, 6:33 am

welcome to USAFishbox!, feel free to join our live chat anytime!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fredericksburg VA   Hello from Fredericksburg VA Icon_minitime10/25/2010, 7:49 am

welcome2
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fredericksburg VA   Hello from Fredericksburg VA Icon_minitime10/25/2010, 8:02 am

Welcome Chris, Enjoy the Site. Lots of info, pics, suggestions, etc.
Sent ya a friend request1...

hi welcome2
Back to top Go down
goodpick
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
goodpick

Favorite Fish: : Just love fish

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fredericksburg VA   Hello from Fredericksburg VA Icon_minitime10/26/2010, 6:09 pm

Welcome you will love it here welcome
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fredericksburg VA   Hello from Fredericksburg VA Icon_minitime10/27/2010, 1:16 am

Welcome....great to have more Va. people welcome
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fredericksburg VA   Hello from Fredericksburg VA Icon_minitime10/27/2010, 6:41 am

welcome I am about a year into saltwater after doing freshwater for years also. Jump in some topics, there is a lot of help to be found here!
Back to top Go down
James0816
Captain
Captain
James0816

Favorite Fish: : Stingrays
Otocinclus Catfish
Kuhli Loaches

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fredericksburg VA   Hello from Fredericksburg VA Icon_minitime10/27/2010, 6:55 am

Not far from ya. Down here in Spotsyltucky. rock on
Back to top Go down
OldTanks
USA Fishbox Sponsor
OldTanks

Favorite Fish: : http://photobucket.com/oldtanks

PostSubject: Welcome Aboard!   Hello from Fredericksburg VA Icon_minitime11/2/2010, 11:16 am

Welcome Aboard!

Very nice people here, Feel free to post your questions to the forums, and photos to the gallery.
Back to top Go down
08can-am
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

Favorite Fish: : Any thing reef friendl

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fredericksburg VA   Hello from Fredericksburg VA Icon_minitime11/3/2010, 5:40 am

Welcome. I'm just south of you in Caroline.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fredericksburg VA   Hello from Fredericksburg VA Icon_minitime11/3/2010, 10:11 am

Welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
TankGirl
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
TankGirl

Favorite Fish: : Lake Tanganyikan cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fredericksburg VA   Hello from Fredericksburg VA Icon_minitime11/3/2010, 11:00 am

Welcome! This is a great site, and it is good to see more Virginians - we will have ourselves a club going soon I hope!

Sounds like the pacu is ready for a public aquarium chin
Back to top Go down
Elrollo
Major
Major
Elrollo

Favorite Fish: : Blue Acaras...first fish I ever breed still have a soft spot for them

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fredericksburg VA   Hello from Fredericksburg VA Icon_minitime11/4/2010, 10:04 am

Welcome to the box...feel free to ask, post, respond, comment very active group of hobbist here love to see more added
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fredericksburg VA   Hello from Fredericksburg VA Icon_minitime11/4/2010, 10:08 am

welcome2

We have a Chapter Meeting in VA coming soon!
Back to top Go down
D'Claro
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
D'Claro

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fredericksburg VA   Hello from Fredericksburg VA Icon_minitime11/10/2010, 11:34 am

Hey, Chris. Welcome to USAfishbox.

I was up your way recently in September to visit Maru Pets. Sadly, the very day I was there was their last. They were going out of business and closing the doors. All their stock was down or of poor quality. I couldn't even get a deal on an aquarium because all they had left were reptile tanks. It's a sad day cry when a pet store goes out of business.
On a happier note -
welcome !!!
Back to top Go down
bcijoe
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
bcijoe

Favorite Fish: : Betta, Pacu, Clown Loach, Alfbn Pleco, Yellow Fin Barb (Lemon Barb), White Fin Rosy Tetra, Congo Tetra, more

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fredericksburg VA   Hello from Fredericksburg VA Icon_minitime11/10/2010, 12:45 pm

welcome
Back to top Go down
08can-am
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

Favorite Fish: : Any thing reef friendl

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fredericksburg VA   Hello from Fredericksburg VA Icon_minitime11/10/2010, 6:51 pm

D'Claro wrote:
Hey, Chris. Welcome to USAfishbox.

I was up your way recently in September to visit Maru Pets. Sadly, the very day I was there was their last. They were going out of business and closing the doors. All their stock was down or of poor quality. I couldn't even get a deal on an aquarium because all they had left were reptile tanks. It's a sad day cry when a pet store goes out of business.
On a happier note -
welcome !!!

I was told by someone that they were closing because the rent was so high. But that they were going to open back up and give it one more chance b/c the landlord had reconsidered. I have been in there alot of times and it really didnt bother me that they closed. At one point they had dogs that were speculated to have come from puppy mill environments. And the fish to me were over priced or not great quality. Maybe thats just my opinion, and i know this is a fish forum, but after owning a dog from a puppy mill that was busted, I would rather not spend money in an environment where that could be going on. But just my opinion, sorry if it offends anyone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Fredericksburg VA   Hello from Fredericksburg VA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Fredericksburg VA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: General :: Introductions and Greetings-
Jump to: