UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

uncertain of my new addition...

Go down 
+2
alan j t
elfwolfe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
elfwolfe
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
elfwolfe

Favorite Fish: : graduating from community fish to aggressive fish (cichlids), but will always have a soft spot for my krbs and betta's.

uncertain of my new addition... Empty
PostSubject: uncertain of my new addition...   uncertain of my new addition... Icon_minitime10/17/2010, 4:10 pm

I have a stump that was givig to me because it would not burn... it has been submerged for about a week and a half now, and it is still wanting to float. I currently have two rocks holding "root branches" down and it is pushing on the top of the tank. Should I give it more time to stay down, or should I give up? (the plants I put on it)
uncertain of my new addition... Log10
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

PostSubject: Re: uncertain of my new addition...   uncertain of my new addition... Icon_minitime10/17/2010, 4:20 pm

looks good. boil it or if its too big to fit in a pot run it thru the dishwasher, with no soap of coarse. it should help to keep it from floatuing
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: uncertain of my new addition...   uncertain of my new addition... Icon_minitime10/17/2010, 5:26 pm

It will take a while mine took bout 3 months n urs is bigger than mine
Back to top Go down
elfwolfe
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
elfwolfe

Favorite Fish: : graduating from community fish to aggressive fish (cichlids), but will always have a soft spot for my krbs and betta's.

PostSubject: Re: uncertain of my new addition...   uncertain of my new addition... Icon_minitime10/17/2010, 7:39 pm

alan j t wrote:
looks good.

Thankyou, when they said they needed to get rid of it, I just saw it sitting in my tank; after I said I would take it is when they told me it wouldnt burn.

alan j t wrote:
boil it or if its too big to fit in a pot run it thru the dishwasher, with no soap of coarse. it should help to keep it from floatuing

hehehehe, yea, its WAY bigger than any pot I have.... it barely fits the width of the 125g tank its in (it has like maybe 1/2 an inch to th glass if the other side is all the way against the glass).
Back to top Go down
elfwolfe
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
elfwolfe

PostSubject: Re: uncertain of my new addition...   uncertain of my new addition... Icon_minitime10/17/2010, 7:46 pm

pillierox1 wrote:
It will take a while mine took bout 3 months n urs is bigger than mine

uncertain of my new addition... 8 I hope not, that would mean right around the time it stays sunk, I will have to pull it out of the water for he move :-(
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: uncertain of my new addition...   uncertain of my new addition... Icon_minitime10/17/2010, 10:40 pm

Drill a few holes through it. It has to be an air pocket somewhere in it.

-OR-

You can try splitting it in half. I'm sure you'll find the air pocket that way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: uncertain of my new addition...   uncertain of my new addition... Icon_minitime10/17/2010, 11:56 pm

I agree with Nitty
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: uncertain of my new addition...   uncertain of my new addition... Icon_minitime10/18/2010, 7:22 am

I agree with nitty too, i have some driftwood on my tank right know and its been 2 weeks and still floating...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: uncertain of my new addition...   uncertain of my new addition... Icon_minitime10/18/2010, 8:57 am

It will sink eventually............
Back to top Go down
hydrodmg
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : broiled or grilled just not fried

PostSubject: Re: uncertain of my new addition...   uncertain of my new addition... Icon_minitime10/18/2010, 5:54 pm

you need to sterilize it. if it does not fit in a pot bake it i have always had a hard time with drift wood floating go to the local landscape / hardscape store and get a piece of bluestone and use silicone to glue the stump to the stone or epoxy but you dont boil it to make it sink you boil it to sterilize it cant boil it bake it at 200 for 3 or 4 hours to sterilize IT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: uncertain of my new addition...   uncertain of my new addition... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

uncertain of my new addition...
Page 1 of 1