UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point

Go down 
+3
Janie
jaiko1975
me
7 posters
AuthorMessage
me
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Don't make me choose.

Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point  Empty
PostSubject: Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point    Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point  Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 9:01 am

One of my favorite fish. Pics can't do it justice, at least with my current skills.

Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point  Ppsenga3
By a1africancichlid at 2010-10-14

Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point  Ppsenga2
By a1africancichlid at 2010-10-14
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point    Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point  Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 11:36 am

nice pundamilian
Back to top Go down
Janie
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
Janie

Favorite Fish: : Calvus & all Victorian Cichlids.

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point    Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point  Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 11:53 am

From Victoria? Very pretty.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point    Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point  Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 12:41 pm

Nice Fish! CongratZ!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point    Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point  Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 5:42 pm

Every time I see pics of them I can't help thinking "Dammm thats one sexy fish!"
Back to top Go down
mike205
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
mike205

Favorite Fish: : peacocks and koi

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point    Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point  Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 7:30 pm

thats one handsome fish
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point    Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point  Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 7:43 pm

beautiful fish!
Back to top Go down
me
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point    Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point  Icon_minitime10/14/2010, 7:54 pm

Janie wrote:
From Victoria? Very pretty.

Yes these are from Lake Victoria they came with the recent shipment from Germany but even in Germany it is a very new species (2009). It comes from the institute of Ole Seehausen in Switzerland. I am extremely proud of these. They are said to be hard to breed, and thus far I have no spawns, but I am hopeful.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point    Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point  Icon_minitime10/15/2010, 8:15 am

How big is your goup? what size tank? also are you the only one in the USA that has these? COOOOL fish congrats!
Back to top Go down
alan j t
Major
Major
alan j t

Favorite Fish: : discus

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point    Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point  Icon_minitime10/15/2010, 10:36 am

very nice, tell us more
Back to top Go down
me
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point    Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point  Icon_minitime10/15/2010, 4:09 pm

KMX wrote:
How big is your goup? what size tank? also are you the only one in the USA that has these? COOOOL fish congrats!

I have 18 (I think), if memory serves me I originally received 19, one died early on, but the rest have been very hardy and active. I currently have them in 40 gallon breeder but will be moving them to a 55 or 75 very soon. To the best of my knowledge I am the only person in the US that has these, and there are only 3 others in Europe keeping them. They have a very similar personality to Mbuna, more so than any of the 4 other Vics I keep. If they see me ten feet away they come to the front of the tank wagging for food. Females have a bit more color than the average female Vic which is also nice. In the 40 I have 2 males constantly colored and 2 more half colored. One of the half colored males has a slightly deeper blue with a tinge of purple which looks amazing. I may keep a quad (1 male 3 females) in the 40 when I transfer the rest to a larger tank to increase my chances of a spawn.

What else would you all like to know??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point    Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pundamilia pundamilia Senga point
Page 1 of 1