UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

2 new discus

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

2 new discus Empty
PostSubject: 2 new discus   2 new discus Icon_minitime9/25/2010, 8:45 am

okay i put 2 new discus in my 55 as friends for my older girl. i didnt relize that she was huge compare to the new ones. so she bit of a bully, but the biggest thing i want to figure out is that one has fin rot and some ich. wat kind of stuff should i use? i want to make sur i use something that is fine with them but get rid of watever is on him/ her.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

2 new discus Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 new discus   2 new discus Icon_minitime9/25/2010, 8:53 am

Quick cure for ick and Melafix fo fin rots (I used both of them and it worked just fine).. 2 new discus 393849
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

2 new discus Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 new discus   2 new discus Icon_minitime9/25/2010, 9:07 am

ya i hav melafix but i can never find quick cure, but wat i read that the melafix does not do anything for discus
and r they scaleless or hav scale or r they sensitive to meds. thats wat my issue is. i hav plenty fish that r to sensitive to med and r scaleless
Back to top Go down

2 new discus Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 new discus   2 new discus Icon_minitime9/25/2010, 9:53 am

Rid ich by kordon is also another good med for ich.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

2 new discus Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 new discus   2 new discus Icon_minitime9/25/2010, 4:24 pm

ya i use that stuff i guess that my only option for the little guy. i might hav to catch them anyways to dose them and theyr kind of getting bullied by my other fish so theyr a little stressed.
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

2 new discus Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 new discus   2 new discus Icon_minitime9/26/2010, 1:44 am

Nothing discus likeit hot ich hates the heat. If you only have discus bring the heat up to 86-90F yes 90F is fine for discus in fact mine just spawning in my hot tank.

Heat alone will take care of ich. I also use coppersafe bring the temp up should be good enough for a not so bad case. If it's bad you can bring heat up and add coppersafe 1.5ppm-2.0ppm this will knock it out fast and hard works every time for me.

But try the heat only first. Daily water changes of 80% and 86-90f will do it.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

2 new discus Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 new discus   2 new discus Icon_minitime9/26/2010, 8:51 am

okay kool i did put both of them in my 20 long to get any meds done to them since i really cant do that to some of my fish in the 55, ill try to rais the temp for them to the highest of my heater can do if not ill be buying one on monday lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2 new discus Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 new discus   2 new discus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 new discus
Page 1 of 1