UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

my diff way of vacuuming

Go down 
+2
unknown
wblueus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wblueus
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : cichlids

my diff way of vacuuming Empty
PostSubject: my diff way of vacuuming   my diff way of vacuuming Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 10:47 am

Most people when they vacuum stop whenever the amount of water they want to take out is in the bucket . Well i know some people dont vacuum all the gravel at once but i do and the way i do it is whenever im vacuuming and say i have only got half the gravel done but the percented of water i want to remove is already in the bucket so i simply wait about 5 or 6 mins and kinda like mopping most of the dirt settles at the bottom of the bucket in this 5 or 6 mins so I just pick up the bucket and start pouring the water back in until i see the really dirty stuff then i stop which leaves about 3-5 inches of dirty water in my bucket so then I can finish the other half of the gravel..I sometimes do this 3 times during a cleaning but its true most of the cr@p goes to the bottom so if your not done vacuuming just pour the top half of the bucket back in its usually fairly clear then you can vacuum up more dirty stuff.
Back to top Go down
unknown
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
unknown

Favorite Fish: : You mean I gotta have a favorite??

PostSubject: Re: my diff way of vacuuming   my diff way of vacuuming Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 10:53 am

Only problem with that is it doesn't remove the nitrates, nitrites, or ammonia. That is another major reason for water changes.

I vacuum and the water goes straight outside to my plants. While I'm vacuuming, I'm also filling, so I don't have to worry about the water level dropping too far.
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: my diff way of vacuuming   my diff way of vacuuming Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 11:48 am

Very nice! my diff way of vacuuming 393849
Back to top Go down
TangTango
Private
Private
TangTango

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa, Gibberosa, Calvus

PostSubject: Re: my diff way of vacuuming   my diff way of vacuuming Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 12:45 pm

I have sand in all of my tanks.
The fish and food waste sits on top of the sand so I can vac it all off and only
remove a small fraction of the water that needs to come out for a water change.

For a big water change, I'll remove five 5 gal buckets of water from each tank.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: my diff way of vacuuming   my diff way of vacuuming Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 12:50 pm

unknown wrote:
Only problem with that is it doesn't remove the nitrates, nitrites, or ammonia. That is another major reason for water changes.

my diff way of vacuuming 858205 my diff way of vacuuming 858205
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: my diff way of vacuuming   my diff way of vacuuming Icon_minitime8/27/2010, 2:22 pm

totally agree. good water changes are a must, as well as cleanning the muck out of the rocks@ I sent you a friend request!!

my diff way of vacuuming 858205 yes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my diff way of vacuuming   my diff way of vacuuming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my diff way of vacuuming
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: Freshwater Aquaria :: Chemistry and Aquarium Equipment-
Jump to: