UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Going bigger.....

Go down 
+4
96civic87
KMX
Holey Rock of Texas
2SciCrazed
8 posters
AuthorMessage
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

Going bigger..... Empty
PostSubject: Going bigger.....   Going bigger..... Icon_minitime8/8/2010, 4:14 pm

It's been a very busy two weeks! Wew! Amazing how when school starts a teacher feels she's grabbed the bumber of a Viper and is now holding on for dear life... lol!

The little cichlids and silver cats in the 55 have almost doubled in size. Several have colored up already! I did try to plant some plants in yogurt containers in the tank. They truly enjoyed the snacks, though some mondo grass has survived their attentions. Going bigger..... 690297

The planted barb tank community has already outgrown the 29T. You should see how fast the mosses grow! I've decided to take the spare 55 tank in tomorrow. I'm going to swap everything over after school. Since I didn't have another large filter, I went and purchased one today. Decided to try a submersible this time. They don't shut down when there's a storm power outage like the on-the-back ones do. (yep, already came in on a Monday to find both outside filters shut down because of that)

Guess the Native tank setup will be in the 29T next week.

Funny thing..... I've got all these really unusual and cool species. Guess which ones really fascinated the homeroom students? Catfish that look like channels and Bala Sharks... Go figure... They'll get a kick out of the small Bass and Sunfish I'm sure! Going bigger..... 265353

'Till next week..... fishing
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

Going bigger..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going bigger.....   Going bigger..... Icon_minitime8/8/2010, 5:22 pm

sounds great. keep us posted!!!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Going bigger..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going bigger.....   Going bigger..... Icon_minitime8/8/2010, 6:25 pm

Nice! Sounds like you are having a blast with your students and your aquatics hobby. Keep us updated on what is going on. Good to see things going so well.
Back to top Go down

Going bigger..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going bigger.....   Going bigger..... Icon_minitime8/8/2010, 6:28 pm

what a teacher!
Back to top Go down
96civic87
Private First Class
Private First Class
96civic87

Favorite Fish: : african cichlids

Going bigger..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going bigger.....   Going bigger..... Icon_minitime8/8/2010, 6:30 pm

sounds fun!
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

Going bigger..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going bigger.....   Going bigger..... Icon_minitime8/8/2010, 7:38 pm

the students should enjoy the upgrade. fish
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

Going bigger..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going bigger.....   Going bigger..... Icon_minitime8/8/2010, 8:46 pm

Excellent! We just had crayfish...
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

Going bigger..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going bigger.....   Going bigger..... Icon_minitime8/8/2010, 10:38 pm

nice enjoy...
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

Going bigger..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going bigger.....   Going bigger..... Icon_minitime8/9/2010, 6:23 am

Very nice!!, show us some pics if you cant pls, what size is you Sunfish??
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Going bigger..... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Going bigger.....   Going bigger..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going bigger.....
Page 1 of 1