UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

How to QT Rocks?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BLimon
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
BLimon

Favorite Fish: : *In my 10g Tank: 3 Lemon Tetras, 2 Zebra Danios, 3 Bleeding Heart Tetras and 1 Pleco.
*In my 55g Tank: 1-1" Gold Angelfish, 1-1" Marbled Angelfish, 2-2" Dwarf Gourami, and a 5" Pleco
*In my 29g Tank: a DIY 3D Background with IMAGINARY water & fish LOL

How to QT Rocks? Empty
PostSubject: How to QT Rocks?   How to QT Rocks? Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 12:20 pm

Ok so i got some huge flat rocks and I'm wanting to know how to quarantine them. Any advice?
Back to top Go down

How to QT Rocks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to QT Rocks?   How to QT Rocks? Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 12:34 pm

Set them out in the sun for a few days and rinse them off well, that's all you need to do How to QT Rocks? 393849
Back to top Go down
BLimon
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
BLimon

Favorite Fish: : *In my 10g Tank: 3 Lemon Tetras, 2 Zebra Danios, 3 Bleeding Heart Tetras and 1 Pleco.
*In my 55g Tank: 1-1" Gold Angelfish, 1-1" Marbled Angelfish, 2-2" Dwarf Gourami, and a 5" Pleco

How to QT Rocks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to QT Rocks?   How to QT Rocks? Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 1:41 pm

So if I got them from outside then all i have to do is rinse them off? Maybe I should rinse them off and set them outside again and rinse them off again and put them in my tank? My brother in law got them from his friend who's dad gave them to him from the Guadalupe river. So they say!
Back to top Go down

How to QT Rocks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to QT Rocks?   How to QT Rocks? Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 2:03 pm

Sound neat. I always rinse in tank water or conditioned water not tap water.
Back to top Go down
BLimon
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
BLimon

How to QT Rocks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to QT Rocks?   How to QT Rocks? Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 2:06 pm

Well I was going to sell my 29 gallon tank but decided to keep it as a quarantine tank. These rocks are nice and my brother in law is going to break them in smaller pieces so they can be spread out through my other 3 tanks. I decided to keep my 5 gallon hex tank as a hospital tank since I don't have very many fish and they all are fairly small (all under 2").
Back to top Go down

How to QT Rocks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to QT Rocks?   How to QT Rocks? Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 3:17 pm

Do a PH test on them; pour a bit of vinegar on them and if the fizz they will raise your PH, if they don't they are most likely inert and will not change your PH
Back to top Go down

How to QT Rocks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to QT Rocks?   How to QT Rocks? Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 3:21 pm

How to QT Rocks? 858205
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to QT Rocks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to QT Rocks?   How to QT Rocks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to QT Rocks?
Page 1 of 1