UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!!

Go down 
+4
istrober
BFinley
Holey Rock of Texas
Dabula
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dabula
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Dabula

Favorite Fish: : Any and All Peacock Cichlids

Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!! Empty
PostSubject: Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!!   Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!! Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 8:03 am

So I got 4 Marmorkrebs from the bristlenose dude about a month ago. I keep them in a 10G all their own, and last night I noticed that two of them have tails full of babies. Just wondering about once I seperate them from the others and they drop their fry, what's the best environment for the babies to be raised in? Feed them the same ground up food I feed my peacock fry?

Some pics for fun!

Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!! Cray_110

Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!! Cray_210
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!!   Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!! Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 8:44 am

cool stuff. congratz
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!!   Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!! Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 9:31 am

Congrats!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!!   Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!! Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 9:53 am

very cool!
I would feed them something that sinks....I would guess that as it softens in the water they can get little bits off with their pincers.....But that's just a wild guess, I've never had any critters like them before
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!!   Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!! Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 9:55 am

Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!! Cool_p18 COngratz!!
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!!   Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!! Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 10:14 am

Yes food is not a problem for these guys are scavengers
good luck !!! Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!! 393849
Back to top Go down
typicaltony
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!!   Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!! Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 11:01 am

I feed mine hikari shrimp cuisine and any other pellets laying around, once in awhile ill throw in a clump of plants for them, they love hair algae and moss.
Back to top Go down
Dabula
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Dabula

Favorite Fish: : Any and All Peacock Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!!   Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!! Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 10:49 pm

Awesome, thanks everyone!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!!   Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!! Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 11:22 pm

good luck with the little fellas.
Back to top Go down
metrofish
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
metrofish

PostSubject: Re: Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!!   Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!! Icon_minitime8/19/2010, 5:52 pm

Congrats!! good
Back to top Go down
2SciCrazed
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
2SciCrazed

Favorite Fish: : Anything that's not belly up!

PostSubject: Re: Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!!   Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!! Icon_minitime10/30/2010, 8:52 am

Mix of shrimp pellets and algae waifers. Also, put a whole bunch of rounded creak gravel in a corner for them to hide in. The adult WILL eat small ones. You might even get some tiny terricotta pots that are too small for the adults to get inside.

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!!   Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marmorkreb Cray Babies!!!
Page 1 of 1