UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

amquel vs. prime

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MasRoberts9
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
MasRoberts9

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime7/22/2009, 9:18 am

which is better amquel or prime? what do you use? is there something better than these?
Back to top Go down
chevy350
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chevy350

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime7/22/2009, 9:59 am

prime
Back to top Go down
MasRoberts9
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
MasRoberts9

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime7/22/2009, 4:50 pm

why?
Back to top Go down
chevy350
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chevy350

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime7/23/2009, 8:08 am

its the only one i know
Back to top Go down
MasRoberts9
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
MasRoberts9

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime7/26/2009, 4:23 pm

bump
Back to top Go down

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime7/27/2009, 7:18 am

Can I buy a noun?
Back to top Go down
chevy350
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chevy350

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime7/27/2009, 10:04 am

for 100
Back to top Go down

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime7/27/2009, 11:46 am

Suspect
Back to top Go down
MasRoberts9
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
MasRoberts9

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime7/27/2009, 5:23 pm

well i like prime because its more cost effective. treats more gallons/dollar.
Back to top Go down

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime7/27/2009, 6:02 pm

Are we talking water conditioners here?.. I'm confused?
Back to top Go down
MasRoberts9
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
MasRoberts9

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime7/27/2009, 6:55 pm

yeah, more specifically dechlorinator.
Back to top Go down

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime7/27/2009, 7:09 pm

I use "Jungle" brand from Super Wally World.
I B POOR!
Back to top Go down
MasRoberts9
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
MasRoberts9

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime7/27/2009, 7:27 pm

based on BigAls prices

PRIME- 100mL treats 1000 gallons at $4 for 100mL
= $1 treats 250 gallons
http://www.seachem.com/Products/product_pages/Prime.html
http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl3684/cp18577/si1380274/cl0/seachemprime250ml

AMQUEL- 1oz treats 60 gallons at $4 for 8oz
= $1 treats 120 gallons
http://www.novalek.com/kordon/articles/measurements.htm
http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl3684/cp18580/si1380343/cl0/kordonamquel8oz

******** this is plain Amquel NOT Amquel+ nor NovAqua+******************
Either way....I think that these sites are worth a read. Lots of good information regarding different products and such.
Back to top Go down
MasRoberts9
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
MasRoberts9

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime7/27/2009, 7:49 pm

there are quite a few dechlorinating products from jungle, so im looking at most of them
http://www.junglelabs.com/pages/product.browse.asp?cat=Aquarium&subcat=all
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=202105&fromPageCatId=202074&catNavId=202074
http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl3684/cp18566/cl0/?viewType=Manufacturer&attrib_search=Y&attrib_cnt=1&attrib_id_0=2011&attrib_value_0=Jungle Labs

well lets looks at Jungle's Water Safe Plus
8 tabs at BigAls is $2 and 8 tabs treats 80 gallons.... for $1 you can treat 40 gallons.

now jungle's Water Clear Tabs at Walmart....
8 tabs for $5 and 8 tabs treats 80 gallons...... for $1 you can treat 16 gallons

now jungle's Start Right Tabs at walmart
8 tabs for $5 and 8 tabs treats 80 gallons...... for $1 you can treat 16 gallons

now jungle's start right liquid at walmart
16 oz for $7.64 and 16 oz treats 960 gallons .... for $1 you can treat 125 gallons
Back to top Go down
MasRoberts9
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
MasRoberts9

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime7/27/2009, 7:50 pm

so far Prime is still winning and Jungle is in second with its start right liquid.
Back to top Go down
MasRoberts9
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
MasRoberts9

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime7/27/2009, 8:08 pm

how about tertras products? well tetra's site was useless for determining the dose/gallon. fortunately i have a bottle (Got it free at the last TCA auction). So 5 mL treats 10 gallons

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=3635396
walmart has 16.9 oz for $7.88, BigAls has it at $7.50.
1 US fluid ounce = 29.5735296 ml
so 16.9 oz= 500 mL which treats 1000 gallons so, $1 treats 133 gallons

we have a new second place ...Tetra is now second...PRIME is still the WINNER!
Back to top Go down

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime7/27/2009, 8:13 pm

Jungle's start right liquid at walmart
16 oz for $7.64 and 16 oz treats 960 gallons ....

Yeh, that's it, that's the one I use.
Back to top Go down

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime7/29/2009, 2:46 pm

You got me sold. I picked some prime up today.

You were bored when you did all of those calculations weren't you?
Back to top Go down
MasRoberts9
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
MasRoberts9

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime7/29/2009, 5:18 pm

Fern wrote:
You got me sold. I picked some prime up today.

You were bored when you did all of those calculations weren't you?

lol... how'd you guess?
Back to top Go down

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime7/29/2009, 5:27 pm

Gee I don't know :lol: Maybe because I do the same thing when I'm board out of my mind. amquel vs. prime 393849
Back to top Go down

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime10/9/2009, 11:21 am

ok i have used both prime and amquel let me break things down a bit for you.

prime

prime is basically just a dechlorinator, it is best bang for the buck if all you are wanting to do is remove chlorine and chloramines from tap water.

amquel

treats LESS gallons per bottle but in addition to removing chlorine and chloramine it also removes other stuff from water (nitrates being one of the other things it removes and i belive it also removes ammonia and nitrites but since i currently do not have any and i already threw out my empty bottle i cannot be specific)
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime10/9/2009, 11:57 am

Amquel is great stuff. Have used it for some time now. think i comes in Marine and Freshwater bottles.
Back to top Go down

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime10/9/2009, 12:19 pm

No prime does take out other stuff you just use different proportions. They both work great but prime comes in bigger bottles so I've been using that. I haven't found it by the gallon..... Yet
Back to top Go down

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime10/9/2009, 12:24 pm

to clarify here are descriptions:

prime

Prime is the complete and concentrated conditioner for both fresh and salt water. Prime removes chlorine and chloramines. Prime converts ammonia into a safe non toxic form that is readily removed by the tanks bio filter. Prime can be used during tank cycling to alleviate ammonia/nitrite toxicity. Prime detoxifies nitrite and nitrate, allowing the bio filter to more efficiently remove them.

* Removes Chlorine & Chloramines
* Detoxifies Ammonia and Nitrite
* Promotes the generation of a natural slime coat
* Non acidic and will not impact pH or over activate skimmers
*Can be dosed up to 5 times the standard dose for nitrite emergencies (standard dose removes 2.2 ppm nitrite when no ammonia and low ammounts of nitrates are present)

amquel +

AmQuel+ is a unique water conditioner providing actions needed for safe aquarium and pond keeping for fishes and invertebrates (snails, shrimp, coral reef animals, etc.) in fresh, brackish, and salt water
nontoxic and saves on the need for as many water changes as would otherwise be required
removes 33 ppm (= 33 mg/L) of all chlorines including those chlorines in chloramines from the water
removes/detoxifies all of the kinds of toxic nitrogen compounds in the water
removes/detoxifies all forms of ammonia/ammonium/nitrites/nitrates from the water, including ammonia in chloramines
because of its stability and reliability reduces the need for water quality tests for chlorine, ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate
removes/detoxifies toxic pheromones from the water
does not affect the water's pH (acidity/basicity)
does not interfere with the beneficial nitrifying bacteria or their food sources
does not interfere with the beneficial sludge-removing bacteria or their food sources
is completely amine-free
is fully compatible with NovAqua+and is recommended for use together in aquarium and pond water keeping
is safe to use with other water conditioners and organic herbal fish medications
is not affected by filtration or activated carbon filters
Made in U.S.A.

as per descriptions of both you can see that prime DOES NOT remove nitrates, while amquel+ DOES.
Back to top Go down

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime10/9/2009, 1:13 pm

So where is prime made? If its not USA I may switch back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

amquel vs. prime Empty
PostSubject: Re: amquel vs. prime   amquel vs. prime Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

amquel vs. prime
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next