UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Panther Fiddler Crab

Go down 
+3
istrober
BLimon
VAMPY
7 posters
AuthorMessage
VAMPY
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
VAMPY

Favorite Fish: : Bettas, Gouramis, Corys

Panther Fiddler Crab Empty
PostSubject: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime7/30/2010, 11:15 pm

My panther crab came out during the day for the first time ever and i snapped a quick pic!Panther Fiddler Crab Panthe10
Back to top Go down
BLimon
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
BLimon

Favorite Fish: : *In my 10g Tank: 3 Lemon Tetras, 2 Zebra Danios, 3 Bleeding Heart Tetras and 1 Pleco.
*In my 55g Tank: 1-1" Gold Angelfish, 1-1" Marbled Angelfish, 2-2" Dwarf Gourami, and a 5" Pleco
*In my 29g Tank: a DIY 3D Background with IMAGINARY water & fish LOL

PostSubject: Re: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime7/31/2010, 1:08 am

Very Nice Crab! Your rocks are almost the same colors as mines lol I got a crab yesterday for the 55 gallon tank cause the people had it filthy and I did 50% water change then added the crab. Well this morning Only thing left of the crab were its pinchers. I found out that the fish they gave me were oscars and they eat just about anything lol
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime7/31/2010, 8:44 am

Panther Fiddler Crab Cool_p14 nice crab!! good
Back to top Go down
VAMPY
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
VAMPY

PostSubject: Re: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime7/31/2010, 10:52 am

Thanks, I enjoy watching him at night although he usually hides at the first sign of light, he has been getting more comfy coming out under the blue lights at night.
Back to top Go down
VAMPY
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
VAMPY

PostSubject: Re: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime8/5/2010, 1:19 pm

Pinchy made "the great escape" last night. Panther Fiddler Crab 364968
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime8/5/2010, 1:21 pm

What happened?
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

PostSubject: Re: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime8/5/2010, 1:24 pm

wow so sorry about that bro, that was a nice one..
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime8/5/2010, 1:44 pm

No mas? That's a good looking crab.
Back to top Go down
VAMPY
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
VAMPY

PostSubject: Re: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime8/5/2010, 2:00 pm

Well, with the Mission Impossible song playing in my head, only thing i can see is he either 1) climbed one of the long plants up to the filter and climbed out. 2) dug out the plant i found floating as used it as a raft to get to the heater or filter and climbed out. 3) climbed the corner where the tank is sealed, which i've seen him attempt but never made it more than 3 inches up. I looked in his usual spot and moved stuff around when he wasnt there and he is nowhere to be found. Unless he covered himself in gravel somewhere which i've never seen him do. Whaaa!
Back to top Go down
VAMPY
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
VAMPY

PostSubject: Re: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime8/5/2010, 10:10 pm

He did not escape, he was just hiding real good, lol. I was gonna wait to see if he came out tonight or i was gonna start moving gravel, but he showed up on his own, Woohoo!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime8/5/2010, 10:13 pm

Panther Fiddler Crab 265353 Panther Fiddler Crab 265353 Thats soooo good to hear!!!!!!! Panther Fiddler Crab 265353 Panther Fiddler Crab 265353
Back to top Go down
BLimon
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
BLimon

Favorite Fish: : *In my 10g Tank: 3 Lemon Tetras, 2 Zebra Danios, 3 Bleeding Heart Tetras and 1 Pleco.
*In my 55g Tank: 1-1" Gold Angelfish, 1-1" Marbled Angelfish, 2-2" Dwarf Gourami, and a 5" Pleco

PostSubject: Re: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime8/6/2010, 12:36 am

WoW! Pinchy? Cute name. Glad you found him! I had to do that cause I couldnt find the pleco we just got. He was hiding in the ship in the tank. like hiding good. Not sure but I see a bunch of little black ball looking things and I dont think its fish waste but I guess I will see in a couple of days right?
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

PostSubject: Re: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime8/6/2010, 5:59 am

lol nice Vampy im glad to hear that hes back!!! Congratz! yes
Back to top Go down
dano
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
dano

PostSubject: Re: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime8/6/2010, 11:03 am

Has your crab eaten any of your fish yet?
Back to top Go down
BLimon
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
BLimon

PostSubject: Re: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime8/6/2010, 11:14 am

crabs eat fish? wow learn something new everyday
Back to top Go down
VAMPY
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
VAMPY

PostSubject: Re: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime8/6/2010, 12:10 pm

No, he does eat the ghost shrimp though
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime8/6/2010, 12:11 pm

I'm glad you found him.Thats great!
Back to top Go down
VAMPY
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
VAMPY

PostSubject: Re: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime8/6/2010, 12:47 pm

Thanks yall, I'm glad he's still here.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime8/6/2010, 10:32 pm

wow. that guy is nuts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 1:59 am

Get a really good cover on the tank and cover every little hole. You may want to drop the water level a little also. Crabbies love to escape.
Back to top Go down
VAMPY
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
VAMPY

PostSubject: Re: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 11:35 am

Thanks for the tips FV. He was hiding in a plant the whole time, lol. He just happened to choose the one that resembled his color, don't know if it was by luck or if he knew what he was doing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime8/7/2010, 11:44 am

Camo is a way they survive in the wild amongst plants and rocks so it's natural behavior. When I had crabs i would cover even around the heater and filter with netting so they could not get out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Panther Fiddler Crab   Panther Fiddler Crab Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Panther Fiddler Crab
Page 1 of 1