UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Calcium deposits

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
VAMPY
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
VAMPY

Favorite Fish: : Bettas, Gouramis, Corys

Calcium deposits Empty
PostSubject: Calcium deposits   Calcium deposits Icon_minitime7/26/2010, 10:56 pm

Anyone no of a way to clean calcium deposits off of an acrylic tank? A friend is giving me an acrylic tank, but he says it has some calcium deposits on it. Is there a way to clean it without scratching it up, or should i just fuggetabotit?
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

Calcium deposits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calcium deposits   Calcium deposits Icon_minitime7/26/2010, 11:01 pm

i have tried but have not had much luck. i have heard vinegar works but like i said i didnt have much luck.
Back to top Go down
VAMPY
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
VAMPY

Calcium deposits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calcium deposits   Calcium deposits Icon_minitime7/26/2010, 11:05 pm

Alrighty then, from what he says its pretty bad so i guess i can just use it to grow some plants in or something? After i clean it and scratch it up that is, lol
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

Calcium deposits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calcium deposits   Calcium deposits Icon_minitime7/26/2010, 11:40 pm

just try with distilled vinegar. but be carefull because acrylic tank scratch very easy
Back to top Go down

Calcium deposits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calcium deposits   Calcium deposits Icon_minitime7/27/2010, 7:43 am

I would leave it. The deposits will dissolve slowly in the water, my 240g acrylic was an old salt tank so it has the calcium and old coralline algae and all kinds of crud on it. I was putting cichlids in it so I just left it, took roughly a month for most all of it to go away.... But no scratches!
Back to top Go down
redfishray1968
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
redfishray1968

Favorite Fish: : 180gl Oscars

120gl Green and Rotkeil Severums

37gl Honduran Red Points & King Pleco's

36gl Bowface with Discus and Royal Pleco & Scribble Pleco

10gl Jewels

10gl Convicts

Bristlenose Plecos

Calcium deposits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calcium deposits   Calcium deposits Icon_minitime7/27/2010, 7:59 am

I agree with Fern I have a 180 RR that was a used salt tank the had a bunch of corlaline algae on it ...its slowly going away
Back to top Go down
VAMPY
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
VAMPY

Calcium deposits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calcium deposits   Calcium deposits Icon_minitime7/27/2010, 9:30 am

Cool, thanks! I will just forget about the scrubbing then.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Calcium deposits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calcium deposits   Calcium deposits Icon_minitime7/27/2010, 9:37 am

Sounds like the right idea to me.
Back to top Go down
redfishray1968
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
redfishray1968

Favorite Fish: : 180gl Oscars

120gl Green and Rotkeil Severums

37gl Honduran Red Points & King Pleco's

36gl Bowface with Discus and Royal Pleco & Scribble Pleco

10gl Jewels

10gl Convicts

Bristlenose Plecos

Calcium deposits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calcium deposits   Calcium deposits Icon_minitime7/27/2010, 9:56 am

If you do scrub use a aquarium glass cleaner(magnet) and go lightly over a period of time !
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

Calcium deposits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calcium deposits   Calcium deposits Icon_minitime7/27/2010, 9:59 am

my 125 had hard water stains on it which i tried to remove. after not much luck i desided to fill it up and you could not even tell they were there. i would not worry about it but if you want to then try vinegar.

good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Calcium deposits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Calcium deposits   Calcium deposits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calcium deposits
Page 1 of 1