UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Bumble Bee Problem

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cichlidlover26
Private
Private
cichlidlover26

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids

Bumble Bee Problem Empty
PostSubject: Bumble Bee Problem   Bumble Bee Problem Icon_minitime7/11/2010, 2:23 pm

I have what appears to be two yr old male bumble bee cichlids.... it seems to me that the former dominate male is no longer boss.. how can i fix the turf war .... i have tried rearranging there tank...
i also think i have one female... could that be my issue.. it only seems to worsen when she around .. either male..
Back to top Go down
Raschael
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Raschael

Bumble Bee Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bumble Bee Problem   Bumble Bee Problem Icon_minitime7/11/2010, 2:39 pm

I would say get rid of the female first....if that doesn't help, then go down to one male. What size tank?
Back to top Go down
cichlidlover26
Private
Private
cichlidlover26

Bumble Bee Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bumble Bee Problem   Bumble Bee Problem Icon_minitime7/11/2010, 3:44 pm

55gal
Back to top Go down
musiccitycichlids
Sergeant
Sergeant
musiccitycichlids

Favorite Fish: : Benthochromis Tricoti, All variants of Zaire Blue, Calvus, Trophs, Gobies, Rhamphochromis, Lethrinops, African Tigerfish(in my dreams)

Bumble Bee Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bumble Bee Problem   Bumble Bee Problem Icon_minitime7/11/2010, 3:46 pm

In my experience, bumble bee cichlids are psycho and I quit selling them. You can only keep 1 or a bunch. 2,3, or 4 will end up as 1.
Back to top Go down
Raschael
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Raschael

Bumble Bee Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bumble Bee Problem   Bumble Bee Problem Icon_minitime7/11/2010, 6:44 pm

Yeah. . .you just need to go down to 1 then in that size of tank. Like Musiccitycichlids said. . . they are pretty psycho and will just do best as a loner. :) We have only had one for the past few years and we haven't had any issues with her yet. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
cichlidlover26
Private
Private
cichlidlover26

Bumble Bee Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bumble Bee Problem   Bumble Bee Problem Icon_minitime7/11/2010, 7:44 pm

thanks everyone... i found someone to come and take one of the boys.. he off two a nice 75 gal
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bumble Bee Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bumble Bee Problem   Bumble Bee Problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bumble Bee Problem
Page 1 of 1