UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

help

Go down 
+2
CajunGator
luis
6 posters
AuthorMessage
luis
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
luis

Favorite Fish: : frontosa, venustus

help Empty
PostSubject: help   help Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 9:18 am

i bought a 100g fish tank on saturday and set it up it has been running since then i threw some fish in it yesterday thinking the water would be ready and this morning they were all dead does anyone know why....i was running late to work so i had nio chance on checking the water
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

help Empty
PostSubject: Re: help   help Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 9:23 am

Your tank was probably not fully cycled. Not enough bacteria count to sustain your fish. how many fish did you put into the tank.. did you properly intoduce the fish into the tank for temp/ph changes... check your parameters on your tank water with a test kit. Try and get some filter media from another fish tank to help accellerate the cycle..
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

help Empty
PostSubject: Re: help   help Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 9:26 am

Luis I have some water if you need to start a tank. Also if you want help setting it up let me know I can come over. usafishbox
Back to top Go down
luis
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
luis

help Empty
PostSubject: Re: help   help Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 9:27 am

its was only 4 fish yeah i set the fish in the water inside the bag i got them in and slowly added wter from the tank in the bag how i always do it and they were doing fine
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

help Empty
PostSubject: Re: help   help Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 9:29 am

check the water parameters when you get home.. got to be a problem with the water or there was something wrong with the fish.
Back to top Go down
luis
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
luis

help Empty
PostSubject: Re: help   help Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 9:30 am

KMX wrote:
Luis I have some water if you need to start a tank. Also if you want help setting it up let me know I can come over. usafishbox
ima keep letting it run if its not ready by this weekend if u could help me that would be nice
Back to top Go down
luis
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
luis

help Empty
PostSubject: Re: help   help Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 9:33 am

CajunGator wrote:
check the water parameters when you get home.. got to be a problem with the water or there was something wrong with the fish.
if its the water should i take it all out and refill it up or just do half
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

help Empty
PostSubject: Re: help   help Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 9:36 am

If you started it all from tap water there is no way it will be ready. Unless you have supppppperr man for fish.

If I was starting a 100G tank I would put about 30-40% good bacteria water that has been in another well established tank that I already have set up. Then I would fill up the rest with tap water....making sure I use my prime. I would also make sure I use a filter that I have had on another tank already...... I would let sit for about a day or so and then you should be golden. Make sure the temp is 80-82 and I'm good!
Back to top Go down
luis
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
luis

help Empty
PostSubject: Re: help   help Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 9:57 am

so if i go to my moms and lets say take half from a 55 gallon where i have the fronts in and throw it in the 100g with the filter in that is in the 55g that would help
Back to top Go down
istrober
istrober

Favorite Fish: : Africans, Peacocks, Catfish.. pertty much everything that has fins and tail...

help Empty
PostSubject: Re: help   help Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 10:20 am

CajunGator wrote:
Your tank was probably not fully cycled. Not enough bacteria count to sustain your fish. how many fish did you put into the tank.. did you properly intoduce the fish into the tank for temp/ph changes... check your parameters on your tank water with a test kit. Try and get some filter media from another fish tank to help accellerate the cycle..

help 858205
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

help Empty
PostSubject: Re: help   help Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 10:36 am

Yes that would help a bunch
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

help Empty
PostSubject: Re: help   help Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 10:38 am

i don't think his tank is cycled at all, if he started fresh there is no way it cycled in a few days, Kory he doesn't really need your tank water, hook him up with some filter media with established bb. Just make sure the water in your tank is dechlorinated. Then add a couple fish to get things going.
Back to top Go down
luis
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
luis

help Empty
PostSubject: Re: help   help Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 11:13 am

Ok ima let it run for a few more days and then se what happens
Back to top Go down
musiccitycichlids
Sergeant
Sergeant
musiccitycichlids

Favorite Fish: : Benthochromis Tricoti, All variants of Zaire Blue, Calvus, Trophs, Gobies, Rhamphochromis, Lethrinops, African Tigerfish(in my dreams)

help Empty
PostSubject: Re: help   help Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 12:16 pm

Filter media and water would get him going fast. If I have someone setting up a tank I reach in my filter and bag them some cr@p. So far it has worked every time. But if you have a few 5 gal buckets your water would help too.
Back to top Go down
luis
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
luis

help Empty
PostSubject: Re: help   help Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 12:38 pm

musiccitycichlids wrote:
Filter media and water would get him going fast. If I have someone setting up a tank I reach in my filter and bag them some cr@p. So far it has worked every time. But if you have a few 5 gal buckets your water would help too.
what do u mean by bag them some cr@p
Back to top Go down
musiccitycichlids
Sergeant
Sergeant
musiccitycichlids

Favorite Fish: : Benthochromis Tricoti, All variants of Zaire Blue, Calvus, Trophs, Gobies, Rhamphochromis, Lethrinops, African Tigerfish(in my dreams)

help Empty
PostSubject: Re: help   help Icon_minitime7/7/2010, 2:28 pm

dirty filter media that has been cycled and has the Biological filtration living in it. It lives off fish waste and uneaten food. Not exactly how the process works but basically.

When you are setting your tank up, the fish waste produces ammonia that kill the fish. A bacteria then consumes the ammonia and produces a nitrite spike that will also kill your fish. Then another turns that into a more tolerable nitrate that you can control through population, feeding, and water changes.

The cr@p on the used filter media already has all of the above living on there so you should be able to put it in your filter and be good to go without any deaths. I use polyfill found at walmart and poret foam. I bag the poly because it is cheaper and does the trick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

help Empty
PostSubject: Re: help   help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: SaltWater Aquaria :: Diseases and Disasters-
Jump to: