UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Yellow Belly Albert's?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

Yellow Belly Albert's? Empty
PostSubject: Yellow Belly Albert's?   Yellow Belly Albert's? Icon_minitime7/1/2010, 8:44 am

I have 4 Yellow Belly Albert's that I was growing out in a 14g rite now.I know there is 1 male looking really good and atleast 2 are females and don't know about the smallest one to early to tell.I noticed a few days ago that the largest female was holding.I think there still to young.I didn't know they could hold so young.They are an 1" for the bigger ones.My question is can I breed them in a 20L by them selves and what sould I do about the female that is holding rite now.Let her be or what I have never stripped a fish before.I would love to start breeding them.How long do they hold for.Any advice,help or suggestions would really be apreciated.Thanks!
Back to top Go down
vman
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Belly Albert's?   Yellow Belly Albert's? Icon_minitime7/1/2010, 9:27 am

Last edited by vman on 11/27/2010, 5:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Belly Albert's?   Yellow Belly Albert's? Icon_minitime7/1/2010, 9:38 am

Cool thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Belly Albert's?   Yellow Belly Albert's? Icon_minitime7/1/2010, 9:59 am

Yes Vics go very early. I just looked into my 10G this morning thats holding 12 Ruby Greens. One of the females is holding. Crazy! They are just growing out!

Don't be surprised if she dosent hold longer then 3-4 days. Also Yes they can breed in 20G longs. I have done it before and I still do in some cases.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Belly Albert's?   Yellow Belly Albert's? Icon_minitime7/1/2010, 10:23 am

Should I seperate them until they get bigger.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Belly Albert's?   Yellow Belly Albert's? Icon_minitime7/1/2010, 10:45 am

If they are not picking on each other then they should be fine. I would set them up with something in the future so they can do there thing.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Belly Albert's?   Yellow Belly Albert's? Icon_minitime7/1/2010, 11:02 am

I will set up a 20L for them soon.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Belly Albert's?   Yellow Belly Albert's? Icon_minitime7/2/2010, 7:55 am

Should I use a light or it doesn't matter?
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Belly Albert's?   Yellow Belly Albert's? Icon_minitime7/2/2010, 7:58 am

the more lite the more active they will be!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Belly Albert's?   Yellow Belly Albert's? Icon_minitime7/2/2010, 8:01 am

Ok thanks Gator!!
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Belly Albert's?   Yellow Belly Albert's? Icon_minitime7/10/2010, 12:00 pm

I lost my male!I don't know what happened I check the water and everything was ok.He didn't seem to be sick either and eating fine.Then went to wedding and came home and he was belly up.I was so upset.Now I only have 3 females and no males.I will let them grow out and then try to find a male later. cry
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yellow Belly Albert's?   Yellow Belly Albert's? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Yellow Belly Albert's?
Page 1 of 1