UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

I thought it was about time...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
watermama
Private
Private
watermama

Favorite Fish: : CA/SA cichlids

I thought it was about time... Empty
PostSubject: I thought it was about time...   I thought it was about time... Icon_minitime8/23/2009, 7:02 am

I thought it was about time to give you a glimpse into my fish and tanks. But instead of posting all those pics I thought I would instead give a link to my photobucket account. Before I do that though, you should know that there are pics on there of fish I no longer have/ tanks that have been rearranged/ fish moved to different tanks/ and some of these photos are from years ago....

So to better give you an idea of what I do have here is a list of my tanks and fish:

75g with an albino oscar, a rainbow cichlid and a rhino pleco
55g with red texas cichlid
50g with red oscar
40g with EBJD (very small) and 4 giant danios
29g with a rainbow cichlid and some zebra danios and a minnow

My favorite fish was Pinky a blood parrot cichlid that I had for over 9 years. She died not too long ago and I still miss her. I also have pics of my saltwater tanks on there but I no longer keep saltwater so there ya go and sorry for the lousy pics!!

https://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k149/BarbaraR_2006/
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was about time...   I thought it was about time... Icon_minitime8/23/2009, 9:23 pm

wow!!! you have a nice collection of fish!!! thank you for sharring!!!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was about time...   I thought it was about time... Icon_minitime8/23/2009, 10:15 pm

Sweet deal. I love the pic in your avator. You like the big fish huh?
Back to top Go down
watermama
Private
Private
watermama

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was about time...   I thought it was about time... Icon_minitime8/24/2009, 6:39 am

Thanks!

Yup I love my big fish!! fish
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was about time...   I thought it was about time... Icon_minitime8/24/2009, 7:28 am

What substrate do you use with all your tanks? Or are they all diffrent?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was about time...   I thought it was about time... Icon_minitime8/24/2009, 7:52 am

The sponge bob decor is cute I thought it was about time... 393849
Your fish are beauty's!
Back to top Go down
TX OUTLAW
Private
Private
TX OUTLAW

Favorite Fish: : A good looking mermaid.Hey,its half fish!

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was about time...   I thought it was about time... Icon_minitime8/24/2009, 10:05 pm

Hey watermama,you have some nice looking tanks.a nice flowerhorn too. I thought it was about time... 165198 I thought it was about time... 393849
Back to top Go down
watermama
Private
Private
watermama

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was about time...   I thought it was about time... Icon_minitime8/25/2009, 2:07 pm

hehe yeah a big fan of SpongeBob here!! lol!

As for the substrate I just use regular old gravel in a natural color except for one tank (29g) which has a shallow covering of sand. I'm not a big fan of sand unless it's needed by the fish themselves - like a long time ago I had a fire eel which loved to bury himself in it.

Ah, the flowerhorn, she was a beauty but unfortunately one fish that I ended up having to put down as she was just so sickly. She had bouts of hexamita which I was unable to cure. (*She also had another parasite problem- see below) I don't know if it was because her immune system was just weak to start with (*see below) or if the parasites were resistant to the medication. I followed the directions completely and she would seem to get better but then it would come back. Each bout would get worse. I tried several different things too but at the end I knew I could have kept her alive another couple of weeks maybe but what would be the point you know? Now I am very leery of buying another one as I have read that flowerhorns are prone to this protozoan. And I no longer have faith in my ability to treat this particular parasite...

*The other parasite she had was something I had never seen before, nor have I ever read about it in any fish health book or online fish forums. What would happen is she would get these bumps under her skin. Within a day or so of noticing the bumps they would burst open (think of the sequence in alien where the thing comes out of the guys stomach)!! I did not see what came out of the wounds because this usually happened at night but you could clearly see the open wound...not knowing what to do I treated her tank with copper thinking that if there was anything capable of breeding that copper would most likely kill it off. Eventually I found a scientific article online that stated these were some kind of internal worm (can't remember the name) that started out in the intestine of the fish and burrowed it's way out through her body and that over time, the outbreaks would become less and less until all the hatching worms were gone. Which is exactly what happened to her. Most bizarre thing I'd ever seen.

Too much information??
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was about time...   I thought it was about time... Icon_minitime8/25/2009, 2:09 pm

Wow. Sorry for the loss. You have to keep a close eye on your fish friends.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was about time...   I thought it was about time... Icon_minitime8/25/2009, 2:22 pm

If you ever come down to my neck of the woods I have several buckets of tacky colored gravel I don't use any more I will sell it cheep.
Back to top Go down
watermama
Private
Private
watermama

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was about time...   I thought it was about time... Icon_minitime8/26/2009, 12:59 pm

lol!

Say, you could sell that gravel on craigslist I bet...(just don't call it tacky!)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was about time...   I thought it was about time... Icon_minitime8/26/2009, 1:04 pm

I dont care that much... It is tacky, very tacky. I have blue purple black green.... Everything except for pink and yellow. Of course my son mixed some of all of them together for his tank... Kids Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I thought it was about time...   I thought it was about time... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I thought it was about time...
Page 1 of 1