UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

We Need a library

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

We Need a library Empty
PostSubject: We Need a library   We Need a library Icon_minitime8/23/2009, 6:03 am

We need to compile a fish library Complete with temp, max size, tank size, temperament, and picture. Lets all start with fish we already own. Take your own pictures, we don't want any copyright infringement. I guess I can be the proofreader since I'm so anal about spelling and grammar.
ADMIN, I need you to make a fish section a plant section and invert section. Lets start with fresh we can do salt later once we have a system down

Suggestions on how to go about doing this are very welcome. I also need some chart ideas for the fish stats.... and I guess the written description down below?
usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

We Need a library Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need a library   We Need a library Icon_minitime8/23/2009, 9:23 pm

i think a chart with pics might be confussing. this is a great idea.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

We Need a library Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need a library   We Need a library Icon_minitime8/23/2009, 10:18 pm

I will leave this up to you guys crazy I like it. I can put those up for you subjects up for you.
Back to top Go down
RustyReid
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
RustyReid

Favorite Fish: : The Kind That Swims

We Need a library Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need a library   We Need a library Icon_minitime8/23/2009, 10:21 pm

well I guess I brought somethign up when I asked if we had a llibrary I think that woul be a great idea espically for people like me that are looking to get a tank an learn about certain things it will be at reach when ever needed!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

We Need a library Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need a library   We Need a library Icon_minitime8/23/2009, 10:22 pm

Rusty? Where is Pine Bluff located?
Back to top Go down
RustyReid
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
RustyReid

We Need a library Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need a library   We Need a library Icon_minitime8/23/2009, 10:34 pm

The Great hillbilly state of Arkansas lol
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

We Need a library Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need a library   We Need a library Icon_minitime8/23/2009, 10:40 pm

i think it would be hard to cover a bunch of species as we do not have all that many. we can cover the species we go have tho. i have a bunch of mbuna and some tangs. KMX has a bunch or peacocks, mbuna and some tangs.
Back to top Go down
RustyReid
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
RustyReid

We Need a library Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need a library   We Need a library Icon_minitime8/23/2009, 10:41 pm

I got Kenyi lol
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

We Need a library Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need a library   We Need a library Icon_minitime8/23/2009, 10:43 pm

thats great. it will be a start. i do have some mine profiles with pics of a few fish on my website.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

We Need a library Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need a library   We Need a library Icon_minitime8/23/2009, 11:10 pm

RustyReid wrote:
The Great hillbilly state of Arkansas lol

Ahhhh Ok. Cool. Not to far. Whats the local fish stores out there? Im sorry I sorta thread jacked
Back to top Go down
RustyReid
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
RustyReid

We Need a library Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need a library   We Need a library Icon_minitime8/23/2009, 11:12 pm

yea what fish stores I think there is a petco and petsmart in little rock those are the only ones i know of beside a saltwater shop in hotsprings!
Back to top Go down

We Need a library Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need a library   We Need a library Icon_minitime8/24/2009, 7:15 am

Well I guess I can be in charge of the library. Make a section and put me in god mode lol!
We need to take all of the pics ourselves so we don't have legal issues. That's why I'm thinking we start with what we own. Plus we have 1st hand knowledge of the fish we own. I have a good portion of the community fish covered as well as a few loaches.
I also have a poop load of plants.... I will just have to look them up again lol! I'm horrible about remembering plant names.

Yes Rusty you are the instigator here. But I think having a library with pictures and info would help our site a bunch.

I'm thinking we can style it like aquahobby has theirs but with thumbnail pics by the names.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

We Need a library Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need a library   We Need a library Icon_minitime8/24/2009, 7:18 am

RustyReid wrote:
yea what fish stores I think there is a petco and petsmart in little rock those are the only ones i know of beside a saltwater shop in hotsprings!

I have ben to Hot Springs. Love the lake out there. How many other fish freaks you know in your area?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

We Need a library Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need a library   We Need a library Icon_minitime8/24/2009, 7:20 am

Fern wrote:
Well I guess I can be in charge of the library. Make a section and put me in god mode lol!
We need to take all of the pics ourselves so we don't have legal issues. That's why I'm thinking we start with what we own. Plus we have 1st hand knowledge of the fish we own. I have a good portion of the community fish covered as well as a few loaches.
I also have a poop load of plants.... I will just have to look them up again lol! I'm horrible about remembering plant names.

Yes Rusty you are the instigator here. But I think having a library with pictures and info would help our site a bunch.

I'm thinking we can style it like aquahobby has theirs but with thumbnail pics by the names.

I dont know if we can make it that detailed. With thumbnail and pics I have to ask Leon. Im not good with this website stuff yet. I will go ahead and admitt that.
Back to top Go down

We Need a library Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need a library   We Need a library Icon_minitime8/24/2009, 7:24 am

Ya me neither But I think I can learn. The reason I'm wanting thumbnail pics is I will look for sites with them to pick future fish.
Back to top Go down
Fish_Love
Sergeant
Sergeant
Fish_Love

Favorite Fish: : German Red Peacock

We Need a library Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need a library   We Need a library Icon_minitime8/24/2009, 4:45 pm

Good idea.
Back to top Go down

We Need a library Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need a library   We Need a library Icon_minitime8/24/2009, 5:51 pm

is this same as fish of the month?
Back to top Go down

We Need a library Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need a library   We Need a library Icon_minitime8/25/2009, 6:19 am

No... Make a library section under general 2 subsections fresh and salt.

Name the thread with the common and Latin name of the species start with a photo.

We need to come up with a basic format for the info. Please help on this
Back to top Go down
Admin_KMX
Admin
Admin
Admin_KMX

We Need a library Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need a library   We Need a library Icon_minitime8/25/2009, 6:50 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

We Need a library Empty
PostSubject: Re: We Need a library   We Need a library Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

We Need a library
Page 1 of 1