UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

I JUST GOT A FEW KRIBENSIS....... BREEDING QUESTION

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jessecichlidguy
jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

I JUST GOT A FEW KRIBENSIS....... BREEDING QUESTION Empty
PostSubject: I JUST GOT A FEW KRIBENSIS....... BREEDING QUESTION   I JUST GOT A FEW KRIBENSIS....... BREEDING QUESTION Icon_minitime6/9/2010, 1:21 am

MORE LIKE 9 AND I WANT TO BREED THEM SINCE WHERE I LIVE THERE ARENT MANY LFS THAT HAVE THEM SO I DROVE 3 HOURS RND TRIP GOT 6 FEMALES AND 3 MALES (HOPE THATS RIGHT) I HAVE THEM ALL IN THE SAME TANK AND I WANTED TO KNOW IF I HAVE TO SEPERATE THEM IN GROUPS LIKE 2 FEMALES FOR EVERY MALE IN SEPERATE TANKS OR CAN I LEAVE THEM ALL IN ONE TANK FOR THEM TO BREED thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I JUST GOT A FEW KRIBENSIS....... BREEDING QUESTION   I JUST GOT A FEW KRIBENSIS....... BREEDING QUESTION Icon_minitime6/9/2010, 6:45 am

Not sure if they are harem or pair breeders...... What size tank do you have them in, depending on the size of the tank you may or may not have to split them up..... 3 males sounds like a 55g or 75g tank to keep them all together.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: I JUST GOT A FEW KRIBENSIS....... BREEDING QUESTION   I JUST GOT A FEW KRIBENSIS....... BREEDING QUESTION Icon_minitime6/9/2010, 7:49 am

Good luck on your breeding!
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: I JUST GOT A FEW KRIBENSIS....... BREEDING QUESTION   I JUST GOT A FEW KRIBENSIS....... BREEDING QUESTION Icon_minitime6/9/2010, 7:55 am

I have always bred them in pairs, in as small as a 10g tank. I would say a 20L would be about the perfect size. Watch the male after they spawn, the female usually tends to beat up on him after there are fry. I also usually condition the females in a seperate tank and when they are full of eggs I put them with the male and let the magic happen. Ph also affects the sex of the fry. Keep it around 7 for a good mix of males and females.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I JUST GOT A FEW KRIBENSIS....... BREEDING QUESTION   I JUST GOT A FEW KRIBENSIS....... BREEDING QUESTION Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I JUST GOT A FEW KRIBENSIS....... BREEDING QUESTION
Page 1 of 1