UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Are you a victim of this?

Go down 
+23
colleen0309
luis
istrober
Dabula
VAMPY
BLimon
Mlegion1988
Fish_Love
mshill90
pillierox1
CSnyder00
snowflake311
BFinley
alkomist
jcsmit7
proyect01
hydrodmg
thebanker
Holey Rock of Texas
CajunGator
JACK D
h0ngkn0t2
KMX
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Are you a victim?
1. Yes
Are you a victim of this? Vote_lcap10%Are you a victim of this? Vote_rcap
 10% [ 4 ]
2. No
Are you a victim of this? Vote_lcap5%Are you a victim of this? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 2 ]
3. Hell no!!!
Are you a victim of this? Vote_lcap85%Are you a victim of this? Vote_rcap
 85% [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 40

AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Are you a victim of this? Empty
PostSubject: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime5/16/2010, 7:54 am

Do you pay $13.99 for "Mixed Africans"?

Are you a victim of this? 1pricy10

Are you a victim of this? 1deadf10
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime5/16/2010, 8:21 am

"Look mom, that fish make there is sleeping! How cute!"

Poor fishies... crazy
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime5/16/2010, 8:54 am

Thats why I dont go in those places. Look for their pamplet on raising africans, it is quite amusing... yea ok
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime5/16/2010, 8:54 am

LMAO
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime5/16/2010, 8:56 am

They also say a clown loach only gets 4" Their info is so bad its funny! And if you get a fish from some place like that theres a 95% chance it has ich.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime5/16/2010, 9:25 am

Who bought the SLEEPING FISHY???? lol

lol!
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime5/16/2010, 9:57 am

they are on sell currently in dallas for $2 each (extra small) so i have been told. the fish they sell tho are trash and are so aggressive it makes people not want africans after having them. they give a bad name to african cichlids and fish in general. Are you a victim of this? 772292
Back to top Go down
thebanker
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
thebanker

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime5/16/2010, 10:38 am

that'll be a big hell no!!
Back to top Go down
hydrodmg
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

Favorite Fish: : broiled or grilled just not fried

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime5/16/2010, 11:23 am

i dont buy fish from any chain marts i like to support the local hobbyist and get quality fish
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime5/17/2010, 8:45 am

Are you a victim of this? 858205
Back to top Go down
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

Favorite Fish: : african cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime5/17/2010, 8:58 am

unfortunately petsmart is the only place that i can get rubber lipped plecos around here.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime5/17/2010, 9:56 am

nice!!! new breed of sleeping cichlids!!!
screw them over priced chain pet stores!!! their mostly for cats and dogs anyways!!
i wudnt be surprised if a dog left that place with ich!!
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime5/17/2010, 10:11 am

at least the fish are big tho.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime5/17/2010, 4:38 pm

I want quality fish only!!!!!

usafishbox
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime5/20/2010, 11:15 pm

I don't keep african cichlids so i said Hell no. I have bought fish from petsmart but only one yes it had ich. besides that it was fine. I do buy most my plants from Petsmart. They have a good plant set up.

I find PetCo has better fish for a chain store.

I was at my local Mom and pop Fish store its a dive. one tank had a floating skelaton of a dead pleco. Yes I still bought fish from there. I feel bad for the fish at this place. I bought my keyhole from ther and it lived to be 3 almost 4 years old till my one fish stressed it out too much :(
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime5/21/2010, 7:10 am

Working at PetSmart, I must say that it has a lot to do with the store itself. The one I worked at had good fish, and we always took good care of them. You have to wait to buy fish until the weekend though, because when we got a shipment in, we would always lose a lot of fish the next day. The good part about PetSmart is the fact that you have 14 days. If you have any issues, they will take them back. We also ran two sick tanks in the back for sick fish, and normally we would get those to survive as well.

With all that said, I still would not buy ANY fish marked "Mixed African"!
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime5/21/2010, 8:34 am

i had to much problems with petsmart, all the fish i got from them all got ich and died. the petco i went to their fish is alot healthier and hadnt had any problems but has very small selection even for freshwater schoolong fish. i go to my mom and pop store fish r very healthy, he gets them at local fish breeders and hes picky bout wat he buys. but i do not like the way ha has his bigs rabbits in a 5 gallon tank, these r big rabbits and not only one theres 2.
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime5/23/2010, 6:03 pm

I would love to work at a petstore so I can ensure that people get the best fish that they can get, but everyone around here (petsmart, petco, and another local shop) have all told me that I have "too much" fish experience.. They want to be allowed to sell 6 large fish to someone with a 5 gallon tank... It's such a shame. :(
Back to top Go down
Fish_Love
Sergeant
Sergeant
Fish_Love

Favorite Fish: : German Red Peacock

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime5/23/2010, 8:30 pm

Who said yes? lol! I feel for you.
Back to top Go down
pillierox1
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
pillierox1

Favorite Fish: : okay i dont know wat my fav anymore just want more lol

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime5/23/2010, 8:42 pm

ive already spent plenty of money on dead fish as i was new didnt know anything but im more knowledgable
Back to top Go down
Fish_Love
Sergeant
Sergeant
Fish_Love

Favorite Fish: : German Red Peacock

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime5/23/2010, 8:45 pm

You live and you learn. I hope your future buys are worth it.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime5/23/2010, 10:30 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wasnt me... No Way!!
Back to top Go down
Mlegion1988
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Mlegion1988

Favorite Fish: : Oscars, African Cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime8/5/2010, 9:37 pm

My last pet smart experience, i bought a 10 gallon tank cause it was on sale and cheap for a fancy goldfish i was getting, I thought it would be amusing to play stupid and have one their workers explain to me how to set up and cycle a tank, I almost laughed in her face. I went online to their survey thing and wrote a 6 page review of how ill informed their employees were in the fish section. Its a shame.... "shakes head".
Back to top Go down
BLimon
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
BLimon

Favorite Fish: : *In my 10g Tank: 3 Lemon Tetras, 2 Zebra Danios, 3 Bleeding Heart Tetras and 1 Pleco.
*In my 55g Tank: 1-1" Gold Angelfish, 1-1" Marbled Angelfish, 2-2" Dwarf Gourami, and a 5" Pleco
*In my 29g Tank: a DIY 3D Background with IMAGINARY water & fish LOL

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime8/5/2010, 9:51 pm

why pay 13.99 for that when some guy on craigslist sells them 3.50 to 4.00 for electric yellow labs, socolofi, convicts, firemouths, red top cobalts, yellow tail acies, and albino zebras. now thats a mix. lol!
Back to top Go down
VAMPY
Warrant Officer 1
Warrant Officer 1
VAMPY

Favorite Fish: : Bettas, Gouramis, Corys

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime8/5/2010, 10:08 pm

I go to a store that has been in business for a long time and they have knowledgeable staff. They have stopped me from making impulse buys cause either the fish are not compatible with the fish i have now or my tank is not big enough. I trust their word because they have also stopped me from buying some higher priced items and steered me to cheaper ones that work just as good. I also have a friend who works at my local Petco and he has been a aquarist for 8 years, he keeps fw and sw and gives good advice and he keeps the fish there healthy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you a victim of this?   Are you a victim of this? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you a victim of this?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: Freshwater Aquaria :: General Freshwater Fish Discussion-
Jump to: