UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Fronts and PH

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa

Fronts and PH - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Fronts and PH   Fronts and PH - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2010, 1:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm getting Fronts this weekend, but I need to get my tank (75) set up with the PH and everything.

I don't understand how to get PH up and how to keep it up.

Our PH is naturally 7.2.

I am going to be keeping clown loaches-zebra loaches, and demon eartheaters in with them.

I was thinking about keeping the PH at 7.4 so that everyone can live together.

Also, I only have one other tank for time being which is a 55 gallon, and there are 2 large Jack dempseys in there.

HELP!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor

PostSubject: Re: Fronts and PH   Fronts and PH - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2010, 5:32 pm

I could partition the tank in half, and have burundis on one side, and zaires on the other.

Will fronts only mate with their own type?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fronts and PH   Fronts and PH - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2010, 5:47 pm

I believe they will mate with any front... If you want pure fry you will need to separate the types.
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: Fronts and PH   Fronts and PH - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2010, 5:49 pm

yeah. I'm still planning the front tank. So Maybe I will make it half and half... who knows.
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

Favorite Fish: : halfmoon bettas and any nice looking cichlids

PostSubject: Re: Fronts and PH   Fronts and PH - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2010, 7:23 pm

burundis are tight with that many gallon you can split it in half nice fronts
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: Fronts and PH   Fronts and PH - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2010, 7:29 pm

What else can I put in a 1500 with them?
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

PostSubject: Re: Fronts and PH   Fronts and PH - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2010, 7:33 pm

blue dolphins u have the space
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: Fronts and PH   Fronts and PH - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2010, 7:40 pm

These guys?

Fronts and PH - Page 2 Cyrtoc10

What else would be good? I am definitely going to have tetras, and giant zebra danios just to give some top movement.

I am definitely going to put windows on the sides of the tank so I can see everyone.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Fronts and PH   Fronts and PH - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2010, 7:43 pm

Moori would be a nice mix.
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: Fronts and PH   Fronts and PH - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2010, 7:49 pm

Isn't the Moori the Blue Dolphin?

I want this guy... what is he?

Fronts and PH - Page 2 16112010
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

PostSubject: Re: Fronts and PH   Fronts and PH - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2010, 7:50 pm

mshill90 wrote:
These guys?

Fronts and PH - Page 2 Cyrtoc10

What else would be good? I am definitely going to have tetras, and giant zebra danios just to give some top movement.

I am definitely going to put windows on the sides of the tank so I can see everyone.
yes those are moori blue dolphins nice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fronts and PH   Fronts and PH - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2010, 8:02 pm

Tetras will get eaten...
The red guy looks flowerhorn-ish... If it is it will kill them alll, they are mean. I have 2 the smaller one (Martha) Killed 2 red jewels the same size as her.
I have the moori blue dolphins with my fronts and they do well together. You may also want to look into syno cats, some get large enough that they will work. You need fish that get between 6-10" and no too active, if they are active they can stress the fronts.
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: Fronts and PH   Fronts and PH - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2010, 8:16 pm

I want to put the tetras in there, so they can get eaten. I like for the fish to fend for themselves, and not just depend on me to provide them with food. I mean, after all.. they are like caged animals. I want to give them a sense of freedom. lol.

I don't like the Syno Cats... Never really have..

I know I can put some larger Loaches in there. Some 5+ inch ones.

I can do some smaller range cichlids. My pet store up here has fronts with SA cichlids, and they are all happy. I don't know if thats good to do or not.

I want to try to get some colorful fish that get large. I will have to do my research, and see what all I can find.

The only issue with a 1500 gallon tank is heating it without the electric bill going through the roof! Mega Man
Back to top Go down
dano
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
dano

PostSubject: Re: Fronts and PH   Fronts and PH - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2010, 9:46 pm

Have you considered that certain fish do well in water that is near to their natural habitat.
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: Fronts and PH   Fronts and PH - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/5/2010, 9:47 pm

Yes, I have considered that. But that's not always a must... Sturgeons don't belong in Koi ponds, but people put them in there...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fronts and PH   Fronts and PH - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/6/2010, 8:23 am

Try to stick with lake Tanganyika.. I highly advise against stocking feeders in there....You never know what they will give your fronts and it increases aggression levels.
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: Fronts and PH   Fronts and PH - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/6/2010, 1:22 pm

All fish go through 4 week QT period, so there won't be any cross contamination.
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: Fronts and PH   Fronts and PH - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/8/2010, 9:40 am

Well, just got the Fronts home yesterday. I was amazed to see that their water parameters were exactly the same. Not even a .1 off. Even the temp was the same. It definitely made the transition better for them. The only difference is that my tank water is clear, and the lady I got them from, hers was yellow. They all ended up being a lot bigger than she told me in the email, and they look a lot better in person than they do in the pics she emailed me. I kept the same set up for them so they weren't as stressed coming into the larger tank. The lady gave me everything, so I just transferred everything over to the big tank since it was bare anyways. I got the fronts for $200, and then I grabbed all her other fish stuff for an extra $250.

A brand new 55 with stand, Brand new Eheim Pro II canister filter, Stealth Heater, Cichlid substrate, various test kids and chemicals, hikari (yuck) fish food, 30 gallon tank, 3- 10 gallon tank, breeder nets, Rocks, lights... etc...

To make it even better, I already got the 55 gallon sold with the stand for $200.

I will definitely get some pictures of the fish. My camera is dead at the moment, so give me a few hours to get it charged.
Back to top Go down
ricardorocks
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
ricardorocks

PostSubject: Re: Fronts and PH   Fronts and PH - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/8/2010, 9:48 am

nice come up man congrats cant wait to see pics $$$ drool
Back to top Go down
mshill90
USA Fishbox Sponsor
mshill90

PostSubject: Re: Fronts and PH   Fronts and PH - Page 2 Icon_minitime3/8/2010, 7:17 pm

Here are the Fronts... At home and happier in their bigger tank.

Fronts and PH - Page 2 110
Fronts and PH - Page 2 210
Fronts and PH - Page 2 310
Fronts and PH - Page 2 410
Fronts and PH - Page 2 510
Fronts and PH - Page 2 610
Fronts and PH - Page 2 710
Fronts and PH - Page 2 810
Fronts and PH - Page 2 910
Fronts and PH - Page 2 1010
Fronts and PH - Page 2 1110
Fronts and PH - Page 2 100_4015