UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Little help Please

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Bigfish
Sergeant
Sergeant
Bigfish

Little help Please Empty
PostSubject: Little help Please   Little help Please Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 9:17 am

I bought a bredding pair of Afra's (will get full name soon) and I have 2 males and 4 females in a 55g. My problem is they are very very very shy when I come into the room and it does not seem as if they are eating, but look and act very healthy. I know 2 of the females are holding now so them not eating is not and issue, but the males should be. What do you guys think to shy and will not eat. KMX has seen them so he should know they look good and prob would not be breeding and holding if not healthy so im confused.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

Little help Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help Please   Little help Please Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 9:33 am

do they swim funny. also how long have you had them?
Back to top Go down
Bigfish
Sergeant
Sergeant
Bigfish

Little help Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help Please   Little help Please Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 9:41 am

They swim and look fine. They do swim super face to hid behind thing like they are trying not to be seen, but they have calmed down a bit since they have created territories. I have had them in the 55g less than a week. 4 days i think
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Little help Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help Please   Little help Please Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 9:42 am

You might want to drop some veggie disc in there. The ones for the Plecos. That way they can just pick at what they want. I will come by today and watch them for a bit to see if i can tell anything wrong.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Little help Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help Please   Little help Please Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 9:46 am

yeah it will just take time. if they eat i would nto worry about it. they are not use to the new enviroment. which afra did you get?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Little help Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help Please   Little help Please Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 9:52 am

I forgot the name. He got the from Jojo. The ones that are light blue with the dark blacck tops. They are F1
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Little help Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help Please   Little help Please Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 10:02 am

the only afra jojo has that i know of and i go over there all the time ( was there yesterday in fact) is the cobwe.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Little help Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help Please   Little help Please Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 11:11 am

It was the group he had a bunch of males. He had them in a 40gallon in the bottom left. And he pulled some females out of the tank in the middle right if you were to walk straight in his garage from the house. I emailed him asking about the name he has not got back to me yet.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Little help Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help Please   Little help Please Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 11:22 am

did you just get them b/c he told me you got some cobwe. i am sure that is what they are. i have a quad of this f1 cobwe.
Back to top Go down
Bigfish
Sergeant
Sergeant
Bigfish

Little help Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help Please   Little help Please Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 11:37 am

Dave I want to get some of your JALO still! Kor I will call u when I get back fromt he gym.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Little help Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help Please   Little help Please Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 11:43 am

Ok.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Little help Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help Please   Little help Please Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 11:45 am

it is nto wise to mix two jalo reef in the same tank. they will cross and one will be colored up and they other will be plain. but if you have another tank for them they are great looking fish. i wish i had some babies right now. the male i have is not doing his job!!!
Back to top Go down
Bigfish
Sergeant
Sergeant
Bigfish

Little help Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help Please   Little help Please Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 1:09 pm

Well i am lucky then because the 2 in my 55g are colored and look great and both are doing there job I have 3 females holding WOOT WOOT! now they just need to eat damit! Also the 3 I have in my 160g Show are doing well and look great.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Little help Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help Please   Little help Please Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 1:21 pm

why you call me?
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Little help Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help Please   Little help Please Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 1:23 pm

i am really confussed? you have the ones from jojo (cobwe) in a 55 and some jalo reef in a 55 i am hopeing it is another 55?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Little help Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help Please   Little help Please Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 1:24 pm

He has 2 males and 4 females in the one 55gallon. Of the Cobwe
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Little help Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help Please   Little help Please Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 1:28 pm

okay. lol. the cobwe are amazing!!! expecially if they turn they yellow / organe on all the way.
Back to top Go down
Bigfish
Sergeant
Sergeant
Bigfish

Little help Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help Please   Little help Please Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 1:37 pm

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH NO NO I have the Cobwe in there own 55 tank and want your Jalos for my 160show.

However, I have 1 Jalo and 3 Cobwe in my 160v as well and they look great, but its got a ton of room and rock to hide. Pics of that tank is my gallery
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Little help Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help Please   Little help Please Icon_minitime8/6/2009, 1:42 pm

thats great. i tired for about a week to mix my jalo and blue reef but it didnt work. it was only a temp thing until i made room. they will cross in that 160 so i would not recommend breeding them in there unless you take to cobwe and place him with the others. well good luck i am glad your fish are working out for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Little help Please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little help Please   Little help Please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little help Please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: Freshwater Aquaria :: American Cichlids-
Jump to: