UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Just stripped my ruby green

Go down 
+3
KMX
CajunGator
alkomist
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Just stripped my ruby green Empty
PostSubject: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 1:44 pm

I just pulled 45 eggs from my ruby green, her first holding... Too bad there's no male to make baby's with her.....
If I do get a male any one interested in fry?
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 1:54 pm

u got pics of the ruby green?
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 1:55 pm

awesome job Jill... still good practice...

yes
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 2:42 pm

They need to be spread out threw the hobby. These are another Vic that needs help. Great looking Africans and they breed well in 20g longs. Very active

Great job Jill.
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

PostSubject: Re: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 3:13 pm

I've got 2M/2F of the Ruby Greens... Can't wait for them to start spawning! Mine are only 1.25" but the males have a nice red to them already! They are a little skittish so I haven't been able to take a good picture of them.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 3:15 pm

nice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 3:36 pm

Hong, good luck getting a pic of them in the next few months lol! They are the most camera shy fish I have ever had!
My female is about 3.5-4" and this is her first time laying eggs. Stripping her went much easier than I thought it would! I used a q-tip to do it.
I may have a male lined up...

K, I very much agree! These guys are nearly extinct in the wild and they need our help! That's why I am trying to get her a mate.
I will have pics of her up here soon.... Photobucket takes forever Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 3:42 pm

Just stripped my ruby green DSCN2146Just stripped my ruby green DSCN2145Just stripped my ruby green DSCN2144Just stripped my ruby green DSCN2137Just stripped my ruby green DSCN2136
Alk, theres a pic of the males in my siggy
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 4:10 pm

NICE!!!! Just stripped my ruby green 393849 hope u get a male for her!!
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 5:30 pm

Yes jill, keep me on your fry list. smaller the better to ship to me... lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 5:36 pm

10-4!
I may have a male lined up... just no females, These guys are best with multiple females.
Back to top Go down
Ghoulish_chaos
Major
Major
Ghoulish_chaos

PostSubject: Re: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime2/25/2010, 10:45 pm

I would definitely be interested in some as well.
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime2/27/2010, 4:14 pm

Finally got some pics of my males...

Just stripped my ruby green IMG_0222

Just stripped my ruby green IMG_0227

Just stripped my ruby green IMG_0221

Apparently my side glass was dirty, but after I cleaned it... they were no where to be found so this shot will have to due.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime2/27/2010, 5:06 pm

How big are they? The 2 males I used to have had stunning color at 2" They would stop you dead in your tracks from across the room.........
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime2/27/2010, 5:10 pm

They are an inch. :) ...maybe 1.25"

Last edited by h0ngkn0t2 on 2/27/2010, 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime2/27/2010, 5:18 pm

Thats great color for an inch!
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime2/27/2010, 6:26 pm

They are in a tank with my white labs and cobue, maybe those mbuna are preventing them from fully coloring up? They have only been in the tank for less than a week...

and Fern...sorry for the thread jacked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime2/27/2010, 6:53 pm

Possibly, they are shy fish. Hong don't worry about the thread jack lol! I don't have much else to put other than that Fred and Martha liked the eggs lol!
Give them a few weeks and they should show better
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime2/28/2010, 11:02 am

I was going to move them to their own 29 Gallon tank today but I discovered one of the ruby green female is holding!... she is tiny herself. Babies having babies... I'm gonna have to sit down and talk to her about this... Just cuz a boy is flashing his colors doesn't mean she has to give in...

I'm afraid if I move her she'll get scared and spit... but the cobues are aggressive... Id hate for them to harass her and her lose the fry and possibly get injured. What do ya'll think? Maybe she'll be okay? Its the female cobues that are also holding that chase the female ruby greens around...

Current set up: 75 Gallon: (6) 2-2.5" Cobues, (11) 1.5-2" White Labs, (3) 3" ABN's, (4) 1-1.25" Ruby Greens.
Back to top Go down
proyect01
Captain
Captain
proyect01

Favorite Fish: : Aulonocara species

PostSubject: Re: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime2/28/2010, 11:18 am

Nice pictures Fern
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime2/28/2010, 11:20 am

Move them, if she spits there will be more fry. Better to do the right thing for your breeders than to worry too much about one batch or fry....
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime3/1/2010, 8:24 am

Just stripped my ruby green 858205
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just stripped my ruby green   Just stripped my ruby green Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just stripped my ruby green
Page 1 of 1