UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

new project

Go down 
+6
Holey Rock of Texas
CajunGator
nitty
fabfish
RustyReid
jcsmit7
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

Favorite Fish: : african cichlids

new project - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/9/2010, 9:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

picked up a 90 gallon aquarium, stand and a bunch of rock and decor for 90, its my new project, either going to be a peacock or hap tank not sure which just yet, or mbuna. needs some work.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Rachael0805
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/11/2010, 11:39 pm

Nice tank!
Back to top Go down
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/13/2010, 7:55 am

i have to figure out the lights, probably going to get a light system from petsmart that takes the same type of bulbs as my 125 and wire it in there, but till i can afford that will see if i can get this set up working. one thing i don't have to get is a background for this tank, its back is solid black which is what i like
Back to top Go down
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/13/2010, 3:02 pm

anyone ever hear of big al's, a website you can order stuff from, found a Penn Pax cascade 1200 canister filter for 120 and shipping was free. petco wanted that much for a smaller cascade canister filter.
Back to top Go down
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/13/2010, 7:48 pm

new project - Page 2 Update12

with rock and gravel, awaiting on the filter, should be here this coming week.
Back to top Go down
fabfish
Sergeant
Sergeant
fabfish

Favorite Fish: : my favorite fish are my 15 inck king kamfa breeding pair of flowerhorn

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/13/2010, 8:17 pm

LOOKIN GOOD , NICE STAND
Back to top Go down
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/20/2010, 3:48 pm

latest update, got the lights working, needed a new ballest , switched to T8 bulbs, same ones on my 125 just waiting on the filter which should be here tuesday.

new project - Page 2 With_l10

new project - Page 2 Withli10
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/20/2010, 3:57 pm

very nice landscaping. i really like the dark gray stand and canopy.. keep sharing the pics of your project.

good
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/22/2010, 9:14 am

NICE lookin tank!!!!!!!!
congrats! wat u plan on putting in their?
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/22/2010, 9:21 am

not bad at all. keep up posted.
Back to top Go down
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/22/2010, 12:17 pm

thinking haps, peacocks or mbunas from lake malawi. not quite sure what yet. maybe a mixture of haps and mbunas
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/22/2010, 12:19 pm

NICE!!!! cant wait to see it complete!!!!
(with fish) ;) lol
Back to top Go down
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/23/2010, 5:43 pm

ran into a small snag after getting the filtration, what used to be the overflow box or internal filter, not sure which, is broken up into three parts, i am needing to just move the water from the over flow box back into the tank what would be a good way to do this one of the spots is used to draw the water into the filter. i was hoping that they where all connected at the bottom, unfortunately not the case LOL.
Back to top Go down
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 1:23 pm

used heaters really suck, looks like i am having to get a new heater, would love to get the ones that i have on my 125 but havn't seen them anywhere anymore, anyone have a recomendation that would fit on a very tight budget but would be good for a 90 gallon aquarium
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 1:41 pm

Depends on how hot you want it. I know fluval makes very nice ones but I would go with a marineland one if you can afford it. Go with fluval or a generic brand one and DONT GO TO PETCO AND BUY ONE!
Back to top Go down
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 1:44 pm

Need it around 80 to 82. what is wrong with the ones from petco? any paticular reason?
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 1:45 pm

Expensive as hell. I bought a marineland one from there and paid $50 for it!!! Went to my lfs and bought the same one for $25 and then bought a fluval one for $24.
Back to top Go down
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 1:49 pm

need to find a heater for a 90 gallon for under 60 bucks. don't want to order one online and wait for ever for it to come in. this is the only thing keeping me from being able to put fish in sometime next week.
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 1:52 pm

Go to a lfs and get two EHEIM's or two fluvals or two marineland, heaters aren't too overpriced at ma n pa stores
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 2:29 pm

new project - Page 2 858205
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 3:47 pm

Talk to Mike with Fish Freaks, I bet he can overnight you one and the cost would still be less than what you would pay at a ma n pa place.
I have a jager running on my 90g it works very well. Penn plax are cheap and decent though, that what is on most of my others.
I never ever buy used heaters, heater malfunctions can kill fish.... That is about the only thing I buy new every time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 7:34 pm

Its cheaper to heat the room than to use heaters
Back to top Go down
jcsmit7
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
jcsmit7

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 9:28 pm

LOL not in arizona. figured out what type of heater i will go with when i get the money, viaaqua titanium heaters, i have had 2 of those on my 125 for 2 years now and not a problem. went to the store i bought them and they had some in stock this time LOL.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime2/24/2010, 9:38 pm

new project - Page 2 858205
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new project   new project - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new project
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2