UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

starry blennie help

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

starry blennie help Empty
PostSubject: starry blennie help   starry blennie help Icon_minitime2/5/2010, 10:21 pm

so my starry started doing this today, ive look in the tank twice and his body is white. his head is still dark like it is suppose to be but his body is white. he is very healthy. i have had him for about a week now and have not seen him do this yet. any ideals??? sorry if the pics arnt the best had to grab my phone fast, after he see's me coming he colors up in like 4 seconds. kinda cool to see as long as there nothing wrong with him. lol

starry blennie help Img00111

starry blennie help Img00014
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: starry blennie help   starry blennie help Icon_minitime2/5/2010, 11:15 pm

is that a green brittle star? if so that might be the problem. green brittle stars are fish eaters and your blenny may be stressing because of the brittle star.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: starry blennie help   starry blennie help Icon_minitime2/5/2010, 11:21 pm

ya it is. the star has never gone after a fish, hell i have seen him with a are on my mandarin and didnt mess with him at all (not to say he may not b a issue in the future) but as of now hes been a very good boi. guess i got lucky with him lol, and i know for a fast that the starry hasnt been mess with so i dont think he would be stress out over anything (kinda on bed rest for a month so i have alot of time to watch these guys) but i found online that they do that when they want to mate and if its a she it may even lay eggs to be fertilized, but since i only have one it wont do her any good lol but i was just wondering if there was any truth to that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: starry blennie help   starry blennie help Icon_minitime2/5/2010, 11:49 pm

dru i had a brittle star in my tank ( he was HUGE 16") and he ate 6 chromis. so hes no longer with us lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: starry blennie help   starry blennie help Icon_minitime2/5/2010, 11:56 pm

lol ya i know they are able to do it and been watching him alot now that i added my peppermints, i think im going to throw him in my fuge when i get it up and running. hes my first star fish so im kinda attached to his ugly cheap @$$ lol. but thanks for the head up guys.
Back to top Go down
MOBANYLI
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : FLASHING TILE-FISH, BLUE ZAIRE MOBA/KAPAMPA GIBBEROSA,POWDER BLUE TANG, ACHILLES TANG
1 90 GALLON MOBA TANK / 12 INCH BLUE BULB FOR NIGHT
1 30 GALLON SMALL SOFT CORAL / 12 INCH ACAN LED
1 125G ACRYLIC REEF WITH CENTER OVERFLOW
2 ACAN 24INCH LED'S

PostSubject: Re: starry blennie help   starry blennie help Icon_minitime7/19/2011, 3:15 pm

Mine does this as well when he gets really pissed. He'll start bouncing on rocks and sand and swimming up to the glass like he has a problem with himself. He'll get back his color. Mainly in the morning he does it when its food time and at night when the daylight goes and blue comes on.
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: starry blennie help   starry blennie help Icon_minitime7/28/2011, 5:41 am

many fish fade to white while sleeping its normal I see this every morning when the light comes on. I never had a serpent/brittle star take out any live fish ,invert etc... they are a great part of your CUC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: starry blennie help   starry blennie help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

starry blennie help
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: SaltWater Aquaria :: Saltwater Fish-
Jump to: