UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

coral supplements and chemicals

Go down 
AuthorMessage

coral supplements and chemicals Empty
PostSubject: coral supplements and chemicals   coral supplements and chemicals Icon_minitime2/3/2010, 11:10 am

i figured id start this thread to see what supplements everyone uses with there corals, and get a brief explanation of why its used.
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: coral supplements and chemicals   coral supplements and chemicals Icon_minitime2/5/2010, 10:58 am

Kent Iodine: good growth and health of invertebrates and algea

Kent Liquid Calcium: for healthy and more beautiful corals and invertebrates and growth of coralline

Kent Strontium & Molybdenum: keeps corals attached better and open longer

ESV Potassium Iodine: better looking and healthy corals and invertebrates

Phyto Feast: food for my corals

Poly-Ox: kills red slime

Vitamin C (the pills that humans take): boost the immune system of fish to help fight off disease

Reef Plus: has amino and fatty acids that help fish and coral growth
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: coral supplements and chemicals   coral supplements and chemicals Icon_minitime2/11/2010, 2:25 pm

i use kent liquid calcium
kent phytoplex (unless i can get some live phyto)
kent zooplex
seachem fuel
kent coral vite
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: coral supplements and chemicals   coral supplements and chemicals Icon_minitime2/11/2010, 2:34 pm

lordraptor1 wrote:
i use kent liquid calcium
kent phytoplex (unless i can get some live phyto)
kent zooplex
seachem fuel
kent coral vite

How is that zooplex working for you? Do you think it's better than phyto fest?
I'm sick of it making my water green for 2 hours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: coral supplements and chemicals   coral supplements and chemicals Icon_minitime2/11/2010, 3:19 pm

zooplex works fine, but the fish get more of it than the corals do. it looks like some red or orange colored specs in clear liquid. doesnt clowud up the tank at all and both my fish and my corals like it. zooplex is zooplankton not the same thing as phytofeast whick is phytoplankton.

if you are wondering about the green phytoplankton try teh phytoplex or even live phyto. i want to start growing my own phytoplankton but i have not been able to afford to get the stuff i need to do it yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: coral supplements and chemicals   coral supplements and chemicals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

coral supplements and chemicals
Page 1 of 1