UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Baby BN's keep coming

Go down 
+3
h0ngkn0t2
76dragon
bristlenosedude
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bristlenosedude
Sergeant
Sergeant

Favorite Fish: : PLECOS AND AFRICAN RIFT LAKE CICHLIDS

Baby BN's keep coming Empty
PostSubject: Baby BN's keep coming   Baby BN's keep coming Icon_minitime1/3/2010, 8:06 pm

Just pluued these today from my browns. Albino and albino long fins spawned today. I easily have 1000 fry now. Not near what I had when in Arlington but I am getting there.Baby BN's keep coming Dsc00810
Back to top Go down
76dragon
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Baby BN's keep coming   Baby BN's keep coming Icon_minitime1/3/2010, 8:49 pm

Wow. It's abn Plecoptera heaven over there in Dallas huh. I have never seen so many breeders in one place before. Too bad they weren't zebra fry huh. Congrats
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

Favorite Fish: : African cichlids, Bristlenose Plecos and Koi

PostSubject: Re: Baby BN's keep coming   Baby BN's keep coming Icon_minitime1/3/2010, 8:53 pm

Congrats Phil! I can't get my browns to spawn. The only ones getting any action are the albinos.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Baby BN's keep coming   Baby BN's keep coming Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 3:53 am

bristlenosedude wrote:
Just pluued these today from my browns. Albino and albino long fins spawned today. I easily have 1000 fry now. ]

That's why they call you bristlenosedude. Nice work!
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Baby BN's keep coming   Baby BN's keep coming Icon_minitime1/4/2010, 8:22 am

Very Nice! I'll have some in about a week!
Back to top Go down
aquaray
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Baby BN's keep coming   Baby BN's keep coming Icon_minitime1/14/2010, 8:09 pm

I am having a hard time finding something for them to breed in I have driftwood and

,teracatta pots but nothing . I have lacy fin albino bristlenose and lacy fin fancy albino corys
the cory's breed but not my plecos. what am I doing wrong? A little tip would be good now.
If you know anyone who buys fance long fin corys let me know. i live in Austin tX.
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Baby BN's keep coming   Baby BN's keep coming Icon_minitime1/14/2010, 8:15 pm

They like long dark tubes with closed ends. You are sure you have males and females? What is your set up like? Give us more info. Tankmates, tank size, substrate, filtration, water temp, pH...
Back to top Go down
bristlenosedude
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Baby BN's keep coming   Baby BN's keep coming Icon_minitime1/14/2010, 8:25 pm

Look on Aquabid in the breeding section for closed end tubes. Lots of people use pots too, I haver never had any luck with them. If you have a male and female that is about all it takes for me. They will do ok by them selves or in tanks with other fish. Just pull the babies if there are other fish present. I have albinos, albino long fins and browns on eggs now.
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Baby BN's keep coming   Baby BN's keep coming Icon_minitime1/14/2010, 8:27 pm

bristlenosedude wrote:
Look on Aquabid in the breeding section for closed end tubes. Lots of people use pots too, I haver never had any luck with them. If you have a male and female that is about all it takes for me. They will do ok by them selves or in tanks with other fish. Just pull the babies if there are other fish present. I have albinos, albino long fins and browns on eggs now.

Baby BN's keep coming 858205 I used pots for 3 months and no dice. I purchased a few breeding logs and they spawned after a week or two.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: Baby BN's keep coming   Baby BN's keep coming Icon_minitime1/14/2010, 8:40 pm

Congratz on all your spawns... send some this way.. LOL

Baby BN's keep coming Lol
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Baby BN's keep coming   Baby BN's keep coming Icon_minitime1/14/2010, 9:58 pm

h0ngkn0t2 wrote:
They like long dark tubes with closed ends. You are sure you have males and females? What is your set up like? Give us more info. Tankmates, tank size, substrate, filtration, water temp, pH...

Baby BN's keep coming 858205
Back to top Go down
aquaray
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Baby BN's keep coming   Baby BN's keep coming Icon_minitime1/15/2010, 6:31 pm

In have them in a 30 gal with 2 angels and 2 corys I never find eggs and I know the difference in males and females. would they do better alone in a 10 gallon? the corys have breed in that tank with same conditions. I need to keep trying i leave the light on so i need to put it on a timer maybe. it is darkunder the big log of drift wood
Back to top Go down
bristlenosedude
Sergeant
Sergeant

PostSubject: Re: Baby BN's keep coming   Baby BN's keep coming Icon_minitime1/15/2010, 6:36 pm

Other fish in the tank won't matter, they will still spawn. The males are veery good fathers and will keep otehr fish from theeggs and very young fry. Once they leave the cave they are fair game.
Back to top Go down
aquaray
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: Baby BN's keep coming   Baby BN's keep coming Icon_minitime1/15/2010, 7:53 pm

will they breed in white pvc tubes with no backs is that what you are saying they need? Baby BN's keep coming Plecos2024
Back to top Go down
h0ngkn0t2
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant
h0ngkn0t2

PostSubject: Re: Baby BN's keep coming   Baby BN's keep coming Icon_minitime1/15/2010, 8:23 pm

The males spawn by trapping the female inside the cave and then having her lay eggs. PVC pipes have a low success rate because the females can't get trapped, they will simply go out the other end. You have to purchase or make breeding caves that have only one opening. If all else fails, drill a hole into terracotta pots and place them upside down so that they form caves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baby BN's keep coming   Baby BN's keep coming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baby BN's keep coming
Page 1 of 1