UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

13 dead on xmas........

Go down 
+5
Holey Rock of Texas
khrister
KMX
TanyaQ2000
philuponthepho
9 posters
AuthorMessage

13 dead on xmas........ Empty
PostSubject: 13 dead on xmas........   13 dead on xmas........ Icon_minitime12/26/2009, 8:16 am

So.... I went to feed my fish on xmas morning and 2 tanks were dead...... All my moorrii and bichardi cry sad cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
I hate to say it but its due to lack of maintence on my part..... My mother has been in ICU and had 3 surgerys in the past 30 days.... This makes for very little time for tank maintence............... I feel like such a piece of poop ........ I should have kept up with my weekly maintence............................
Back to top Go down
philuponthepho
Captain
Captain
philuponthepho

Favorite Fish: : Anything I can afford (which is $0)

PostSubject: Re: 13 dead on xmas........   13 dead on xmas........ Icon_minitime12/26/2009, 8:27 am

Sorry for your loss......Hopefully your mom is doing okay. Your fish on the otherhand, well.....good luck!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 13 dead on xmas........   13 dead on xmas........ Icon_minitime12/26/2009, 8:30 am

Mom is still touch and go..........But I did get WC's done yesterday.....
Back to top Go down
TanyaQ2000
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
TanyaQ2000

Favorite Fish: : Discus, mollies, dojos & oscars

PostSubject: Re: 13 dead on xmas........   13 dead on xmas........ Icon_minitime12/26/2009, 8:39 am

Fern, I am so sorry to hear about both situations, especially your mom. I was so hoping she was back home for the holidays. I'll say a prayer. Again, I'm so sorry to hear this news.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: 13 dead on xmas........   13 dead on xmas........ Icon_minitime12/26/2009, 8:47 am

Sorry to hear fern. If you need anything let me know.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: 13 dead on xmas........   13 dead on xmas........ Icon_minitime12/26/2009, 8:51 am

Sorry for your loss Fern.

Sometimes it better not to feed them when you can't attend to WCs. They'll do fine without food for a couple of weeks. A once a week or bi-weekly feeding would have been fine too. That way there are less pressure to the biological filtration.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: 13 dead on xmas........   13 dead on xmas........ Icon_minitime12/26/2009, 11:52 am

sorry for your loss.
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: 13 dead on xmas........   13 dead on xmas........ Icon_minitime12/26/2009, 2:48 pm

Fern wrote:
So.... I went to feed my fish on xmas morning and 2 tanks were dead...... All my moorrii and bichardi cry sad cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
I hate to say it but its due to lack of maintence on my part..... My mother has been in ICU and had 3 surgerys in the past 30 days.... This makes for very little time for tank maintence............... I feel like such a piece of poop ........ I should have kept up with my weekly maintence............................

I have to disagree with you on this one. You made the right choice. As much as I love my hobby, FAMILY is first. Fish come a dime a dozen. You get 1 mother.
I know I speak for everyone when I say we hope she's doing better, and we will keep her as well as your family in our prayers.
Back to top Go down
snowflake311
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
snowflake311

Favorite Fish: : South American Ciclids and plecos. I will always love my bettas but have moved on.

PostSubject: Re: 13 dead on xmas........   13 dead on xmas........ Icon_minitime12/26/2009, 4:59 pm

I'm so sorry to hear what a sad Xmas you poor thing. I hope your mom is ok.

Happy new year I hope it gets better for you soon. cursing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 13 dead on xmas........   13 dead on xmas........ Icon_minitime12/26/2009, 5:43 pm

All of my 'spare' filters have been moved to the currently occupied tanks. Hopefully I wont have any other tank issues..........
Mom is Ok at the moment........

It just always sucks so bad to lose fish...... Especially that many on xmas morning.....
Back to top Go down
JACK D
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
JACK D

Favorite Fish: : My fish, your fish, red fish, blue fish...

PostSubject: Re: 13 dead on xmas........   13 dead on xmas........ Icon_minitime12/26/2009, 6:26 pm

As soon as I take care of everybody in Texas, I will send you more of both. I am with Nitty we gots lots of fish, but Moms not so much. Good luck, we are thinking of you...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 13 dead on xmas........   13 dead on xmas........ Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 7:05 am

Mom seems to be finally on an upward path. She got her chest tube removed yesterday....... It has been a very very long month....... 57 year old women should not have to endure 3 major surgerys in a month........
Thank you all for your thoughst and prayers

Thank you Jack
Back to top Go down
chicknefoot87
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
chicknefoot87

Favorite Fish: : Goldfish and Koi! I have to represent for the serious goldfish hobbyist.

PostSubject: Re: 13 dead on xmas........   13 dead on xmas........ Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 2:00 pm

khrister wrote:
Sorry for your loss Fern.

Sometimes it better not to feed them when you can't attend to WCs. They'll do fine without food for a couple of weeks. A once a week or bi-weekly feeding would have been fine too. That way there are less pressure to the biological filtration.

13 dead on xmas........ 858205
Back to top Go down
chicknefoot87
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class
chicknefoot87

Favorite Fish: : Goldfish and Koi! I have to represent for the serious goldfish hobbyist.

PostSubject: Re: 13 dead on xmas........   13 dead on xmas........ Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 2:06 pm

Fern wrote:
Mom seems to be finally on an upward path. She got her chest tube removed yesterday....... It has been a very very long month....... 57 year old women should not have to endure 3 major surgerys in a month........

Thank you Jack

I hope everything is ok.
Back to top Go down
nitty
nitty

Favorite Fish: : Mine:
110gal. Eclectochromis Lobochilus Hertae
56gal. Neolamprologus Brichardi

PostSubject: Re: 13 dead on xmas........   13 dead on xmas........ Icon_minitime12/28/2009, 2:50 pm

Fern wrote:

Thank you Jack

The best news I've heard all day. Glad to know she's doing better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 13 dead on xmas........   13 dead on xmas........ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

13 dead on xmas........
Page 1 of 1