UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Help!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
afi137n
Private First Class
Private First Class
afi137n

Favorite Fish: : Oscar's
Arowana's

Help! Empty
PostSubject: Help!   Help! Icon_minitime11/10/2009, 9:46 pm

Can anyone give me advice on how to treat my Oscar's eye?
I've Given him 2 full doses of Melafix, and 1 dose of Fungus clear, and salt dosages
And it has shown any sign's of improvement. poop
He acts completely normal. and eager to eat(like all Oscars)
And he doesn't seem to have any vision problems

https://2img.net/h/i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/afi137n/Ozzyseye2.jpg

https://2img.net/h/i165.photobucket.com/albums/u57/afi137n/Ozzyseye.jpg
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help!   Help! Icon_minitime11/11/2009, 5:07 pm

My fonts gets cloudy eyed when bumping on rocks and sometimes the infection gets to like what your oscar has. I use Melafix as well but do water changes (25%) along with it as well, to maintain the water quality and aid in healing. I suggest you do 25% water changes put melafix every other day for about a week. They usually get better after a week and heal. Do not let it get infected as that oscar can lose it's vison on that eye when not treated.
Back to top Go down
afi137n
Private First Class
Private First Class
afi137n

Favorite Fish: : Oscar's
Arowana's

Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help!   Help! Icon_minitime11/11/2009, 9:36 pm

Is there anything that would be better than Melafix?
I'm not having any luck with it at all.
He's on his 3rd dose n still no improvements.
My parameters couldn't be any better.
25% water changes 3 times a week.

Should I try Neoplex or Kinoplex?
Back to top Go down
dano
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
dano

Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help!   Help! Icon_minitime12/7/2009, 4:15 pm

Melafix and Primafix are very weak solutions and appear to work on very mild infections..........If you have to medicate it is wise to use a good antibiotic such as Maracin or MaracinII.....Maracin seems to have a mild effect on the beneficial bacteria as opposed to some of the other antibiotics...........

The best bet is not to medicate, but concentrate on getting the water quality into good condition.....Many bacterial diseases will heal with out meds in very good water.....The fish's immune system will improve in good water with good nutrition.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help!   Help! Icon_minitime12/7/2009, 4:21 pm

dano wrote:
Melafix and Primafix are very weak solutions and appear to work on very mild infections..........If you have to medicate it is wise to use a good antibiotic such as Maracin or MaracinII.....Maracin seems to have a mild effect on the beneficial bacteria as opposed to some of the other antibiotics...........

The best bet is not to medicate, but concentrate on getting the water quality into good condition.....Many bacterial diseases will heal with out meds in very good water.....The fish's immune system will improve in good water with good nutrition.

Help! 858205
Great Info.
usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Help! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Help!   Help! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: Freshwater Aquaria :: Diseases and Disasters-