UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Haplochromis "Ruby green" acting frisky!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Haplochromis "Ruby green"  acting frisky! Empty
PostSubject: Haplochromis "Ruby green" acting frisky!   Haplochromis "Ruby green"  acting frisky! Icon_minitime11/5/2009, 8:51 am

I walked my my ruby green tank this morning and my dominant male was in such bright stunning colors it stopped me dead in my tracks! He had made a sand dugout behind one of the pots a day or two ago. He was trying to herd one of the females into it this morning! I was going to take some pics but I couldn't find my camera :(
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: Haplochromis "Ruby green" acting frisky!   Haplochromis "Ruby green"  acting frisky! Icon_minitime11/5/2009, 9:09 am

Haplochromis "Ruby green"  acting frisky! Thumb_10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haplochromis "Ruby green" acting frisky!   Haplochromis "Ruby green"  acting frisky! Icon_minitime11/5/2009, 9:33 am

tounge1 I told you I couldn't find my camera! I'm uploading a few pics I did manage to take as we speak, but they aren't of the male in breeding dress I took them a few days ago. They are not good pics at all, its had to get pics of these guys with how skittish they are now. I only have 1 female that will come out as of yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haplochromis "Ruby green" acting frisky!   Haplochromis "Ruby green"  acting frisky! Icon_minitime11/5/2009, 9:36 am

Haplochromis "Ruby green"  acting frisky! DSCN1103Haplochromis "Ruby green"  acting frisky! DSCN1102
Here's the one that didn't make it..... I'm starting to think it was my sub dominant male....Haplochromis "Ruby green"  acting frisky! DSCN1098
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haplochromis "Ruby green" acting frisky!   Haplochromis "Ruby green"  acting frisky! Icon_minitime11/5/2009, 9:42 am

affraid cry
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Haplochromis "Ruby green" acting frisky!   Haplochromis "Ruby green"  acting frisky! Icon_minitime11/5/2009, 9:44 am

Vicks will get nasty sometimes with each other. My male killed all my females and then commited sucide. lol! Wait until they are not so skidish and start to color up. Then take some good ones.

Haplochromis "Ruby green"  acting frisky! Super-13
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haplochromis "Ruby green" acting frisky!   Haplochromis "Ruby green"  acting frisky! Icon_minitime11/5/2009, 10:30 am

My male looks twice as good as the one in your pic this morning.
I have several pots rocks and dome dense plants for them to hide in.
Here's more pics;
Haplochromis "Ruby green"  acting frisky! DSCN1088
Look on the head of this one you can see a face funny
Haplochromis "Ruby green"  acting frisky! DSCN1089
Yes there will be better pics in the future. I'm still working on them daily to get them less skittish, it will take time.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: Haplochromis "Ruby green" acting frisky!   Haplochromis "Ruby green"  acting frisky! Icon_minitime11/5/2009, 10:41 am

I can't see anything lol! When they stop being shy and they coeme out take pics of the body. If he looks better then mine I'd love to see it. There colors are amazing!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haplochromis "Ruby green" acting frisky!   Haplochromis "Ruby green"  acting frisky! Icon_minitime11/5/2009, 11:20 am

Well like I said that may take some time....
I just figured I would share some bad pics for now.
Back to top Go down
CSnyder00
CSnyder00

Favorite Fish: : Luwino Reef Zebra Chilumba, Ocellatus, Any bright-colored freshwater cichlid

PostSubject: Re: Haplochromis "Ruby green" acting frisky!   Haplochromis "Ruby green"  acting frisky! Icon_minitime11/6/2009, 3:53 pm

Have someone else distract them on one end of the tank and then take pics from the other.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haplochromis "Ruby green" acting frisky!   Haplochromis "Ruby green"  acting frisky! Icon_minitime11/6/2009, 3:54 pm

KMX wrote:
Haplochromis "Ruby green"  acting frisky! Thumb_10

kory you decided to use that huh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haplochromis "Ruby green" acting frisky!   Haplochromis "Ruby green"  acting frisky! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haplochromis "Ruby green" acting frisky!
Page 1 of 1