UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

How do you breed Moba frontosa?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fish Heaven
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks, Mbuna's, Freshwater Angelfish and red dragon Flowerhorns.

How do you breed Moba frontosa? Empty
PostSubject: How do you breed Moba frontosa?   How do you breed Moba frontosa? Icon_minitime3/23/2013, 10:33 am

There are many frontosa's on the market. I am particularly interested in Moba's. What would be the ideal set up? Tank size, colony ( males to females ratio ) , substrates choice, water conditions, etc. How do I start? I heard that it takes many years to make them to bred. And the Moba's are particularly hard to breed. Any comments, suggestions, breeding tips would be highly appreciated. Pro's and cons if any. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
sassynurse2
sassynurse2

Favorite Fish: : 2 Clown Loaches...
Blue Dolphins 10.

PostSubject: Re: How do you breed Moba frontosa?   How do you breed Moba frontosa? Icon_minitime3/25/2013, 1:01 pm

hey if I were you I would pm Khrister he has breed them for years. I use to have 16 Kitumbas they were wild caught my ratio was 3 males 13 females they would breed frequently. I am not a breeder I love just watching fresh water fish in the aquariums. At the time I had a 8ft acrylic tank. size of tank does matter.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: How do you breed Moba frontosa?   How do you breed Moba frontosa? Icon_minitime3/25/2013, 3:56 pm

sassynurse2 wrote:
hey if I were you I would pm Khrister he has breed them for years. I use to have 16 Kitumbas they were wild caught my ratio was 3 males 13 females they would breed frequently. I am not a breeder I love just watching fresh water fish in the aquariums. At the time I had a 8ft acrylic tank. size of tank does matter.

How do you breed Moba frontosa? 858205 usafishbox
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

Favorite Fish: : all of them

PostSubject: Re: How do you breed Moba frontosa?   How do you breed Moba frontosa? Icon_minitime4/21/2013, 2:38 am

i know you are going to need at least a 6 foot tank.
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: How do you breed Moba frontosa?   How do you breed Moba frontosa? Icon_minitime4/22/2013, 9:33 am

KingBichir wrote:
i know you are going to need at least a 6 foot tank.

That is one major Key, I have bred Mobas, Kapampa, Kitumba, Kigoma, Burundi, Mpimbwe all on big tanks.

A 6 footer will comfortably hold about 6-7 wild adults. I've bred Zaires in 240s. If you are really serious breeding them make sure it's a species only tank. I find females hold full term when not harassed constantly by other tank mates so space is a key factor. Good food, clean water, consistent routine. Bore them to death and they'll do what they are suppose to do in nature. I feed 3 times a week max. no overfeeding...
Back to top Go down
Fish Heaven
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : Peacocks, Mbuna's, Freshwater Angelfish and red dragon Flowerhorns.

PostSubject: Re: How do you breed Moba frontosa?   How do you breed Moba frontosa? Icon_minitime4/23/2013, 10:04 am

I will eventually place my 10 moba's on a 8 footer tank once they reach the adult size. Khrister, Just curious on what foods do you give them as adults ? Currently I have mine fed on NLS cichlids pellets and Tetramin staple flakes 1- 2 x a day with daily water change 10 - 15%. Thanks for your response to my PM's
Back to top Go down
khrister
USA Fishbox Sponsor
khrister

Favorite Fish: :
Cyphotilapia
Cyprichromis
Mbunas
Fancy PL*CO

PostSubject: Re: How do you breed Moba frontosa?   How do you breed Moba frontosa? Icon_minitime4/23/2013, 12:05 pm

NLS Thera-A, HBH mosit Krill pellets, Freeze dried Krill for treat. Heat water in Microwave, then soak the krill in hot water, this will hydrate the krill. I usually wait 15 minutes to cool it off. They smoother the Krill like wolves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you breed Moba frontosa?   How do you breed Moba frontosa? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you breed Moba frontosa?
Page 1 of 1