UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Bug catcher wanted

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
D.Gray
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
D.Gray

Favorite Fish: : live ones.. And shrimp.

Bug catcher wanted Empty
PostSubject: Bug catcher wanted   Bug catcher wanted Icon_minitime6/16/2012, 7:28 pm

I am looking for some way to catch bugs (flies, fruit flies, other insects) in a container that I can open under water in the aquarium so to feed the fish some live food once in a while as the only live food local to me is Blackworms at $5.00 per ounce.

Thanks,
Dave
Back to top Go down
dan4cbw
Private
Private

Bug catcher wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug catcher wanted   Bug catcher wanted Icon_minitime6/17/2012, 6:20 pm

D.Gray wrote:
I am looking for some way to catch bugs (flies, fruit flies, other insects) in a container that I can open under water in the aquarium so to feed the fish some live food once in a while as the only live food local to me is Blackworms at $5.00 per ounce.

Thanks,
Dave

5.00, thats pretty steep.
Thats one of the main reasons we started shipping direct to the hobbyist.

Dan
California Blackworm Co.
Back to top Go down
greydragon12345
Private First Class
Private First Class
greydragon12345

Favorite Fish: : Angelfish,guppys

Bug catcher wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug catcher wanted   Bug catcher wanted Icon_minitime6/17/2012, 9:07 pm

i am always catching bugs for my chocolate cichlids to snack on
Back to top Go down
Dr. Who
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Bug catcher wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug catcher wanted   Bug catcher wanted Icon_minitime6/17/2012, 9:15 pm

I love eating chocolate cichlids. They are the best tasting cichlids I've eatin.
Back to top Go down
D.Gray
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
D.Gray

Bug catcher wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug catcher wanted   Bug catcher wanted Icon_minitime6/17/2012, 10:06 pm

haha guys. I actually am serious as my dad made a bug catcher with nylon tubing, a baby food jar and nylon netting (to keep one from inhaling a bug). And I was thinking this kind of an idea to send the 11 year old out to "collect" bugs in the jar that I could let out in the fish tank.

Dave
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

Bug catcher wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug catcher wanted   Bug catcher wanted Icon_minitime6/17/2012, 10:41 pm

I use my hands! lol! usafishbox
Back to top Go down
D.Gray
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
D.Gray

Bug catcher wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug catcher wanted   Bug catcher wanted Icon_minitime6/17/2012, 11:35 pm

I've been taking the empty hummingbird feeders and sinking them in the tank and opening them to rinse out the live ear wigs, fruit flies, and small flies, but am a little worried about the sugars going in the tanks feeding algae.

Dave
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bug catcher wanted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bug catcher wanted   Bug catcher wanted Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bug catcher wanted
Page 1 of 1