UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

10 Gallon Nano

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
msmonikatou
Private First Class
Private First Class
msmonikatou

Favorite Fish: : Freshwater: African Cichlids
Saltwater: Maroon Clowns

10 Gallon Nano Empty
PostSubject: 10 Gallon Nano   10 Gallon Nano Icon_minitime5/2/2012, 10:20 am

So this will be the smallest saltwater tank that I have ever attempted. My previous saltwater tank was 45 gallons eons ago. The tank has been cycling since April 20th. Things are going well. I mixed my own water. The live rock came from a display tank from a local pet store that is closing so I got a good deal. Because it is from an established tank I have had very little die-off and no ammonia spikes so far. It is still far from finished but I am very pleased with it so far. I eventually want to get better lighting so that I can add corals. I am trying to do it in a way that is easier on my pocket rather than going all out all at once. For instance, the tank was free, my fiance had one, getting the rock at a discount price from a store that is closing, checking craigslist;etc...I have included some photos of it so far. I have some hitchhikers popping up and I am hoping that you guys who are more kowledgeable can help me identify what they are and if they are good or bad for the tank. The star in the last picture popped up yesterday and I believe that there is more than one but I have no idea what type it is. Anyway, thanks for looking.

10 Gallon Nano IMG_20120501_19104810 Gallon Nano IMG_20120501_19065110 Gallon Nano IMG_20120501_19063410 Gallon Nano IMG_20120501_190551
Back to top Go down
sassynurse2
sassynurse2

Favorite Fish: : 2 Clown Loaches...
Blue Dolphins 10.

10 Gallon Nano Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Gallon Nano   10 Gallon Nano Icon_minitime6/6/2012, 3:41 am

Looking good!!!! How is it going at this point
Back to top Go down
msmonikatou
Private First Class
Private First Class
msmonikatou

10 Gallon Nano Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Gallon Nano   10 Gallon Nano Icon_minitime6/6/2012, 12:26 pm

Things are going along swimmingly! Thanks for asking. I added my CUC's the week of May 18th. They are a peppermint shrimp and three red-legged hermit crabs. The week of 25th I added two firefish gobies. I also reaquascaped a bit. I have attached some pictures. I plan on adding some corals(besides the ones that are already growing) in a few more months or so once I get a little better lighting and the tank matures a lot more. I will also be slowly adding sand. Thanks!

10 Gallon Nano CAM00051

10 Gallon Nano CAM00013

10 Gallon Nano CAM00045

10 Gallon Nano CAM00039
Back to top Go down
guppy breeder
Private First Class
Private First Class

Favorite Fish: : jd's, fronts, GUPPIES, lfabn's, shrimps, Do plants count?

10 Gallon Nano Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Gallon Nano   10 Gallon Nano Icon_minitime6/7/2012, 11:13 am

nice, im currently setting up a nano too
Back to top Go down
msmonikatou
Private First Class
Private First Class
msmonikatou

10 Gallon Nano Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 Gallon Nano   10 Gallon Nano Icon_minitime6/7/2012, 3:30 pm

Cool! Good luck! Keep me posted! yes
Back to top Go down