UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

LED HLEP!!!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tuannguyen2782
Private
Private

LED HLEP!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: LED HLEP!!!!!   LED HLEP!!!!! Icon_minitime1/17/2012, 10:55 am

hi all , i need some help, i have a 10 gl plant tanks i am trying to set up but i dont know how many watts of LED light i need for the plants, can someone help please ?thanks for helping..
Back to top Go down
TheGodParticle
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheGodParticle

Favorite Fish: : Dats, Geo's, Fronts, Pikes. I collect the rare stuff!

LED HLEP!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED HLEP!!!!!   LED HLEP!!!!! Icon_minitime1/17/2012, 11:39 am

1 watt LED's should work just fine. I use 1 watt LED's in my Reef Tank and they grow LPS and the SPS corals awesome and they are on a 150g. Because your doing it in such a small tank you should be fine with any kind of LED you may consider something cheaper though on such a small tank unless your really wanting LED's.
Back to top Go down
tuannguyen2782
Private
Private

LED HLEP!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED HLEP!!!!!   LED HLEP!!!!! Icon_minitime1/17/2012, 3:11 pm

i went to homedepot n had find the light. do you think is going to work for my tanks

http://www.homedepot.com/Lighting-Fans-Indoor-Lighting-Under-Cabinet-Accent-Lighting-Under-Cabinet-Lights/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbvnb/R-202024449/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053
Back to top Go down
sassynurse2
sassynurse2

Favorite Fish: : 2 Clown Loaches...
Blue Dolphins 10.

LED HLEP!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED HLEP!!!!!   LED HLEP!!!!! Icon_minitime1/17/2012, 4:36 pm

actually it might. I notice others talking about the led christmas rope lights.
Back to top Go down
TheGodParticle
Sergeant
Sergeant
TheGodParticle

Favorite Fish: : Dats, Geo's, Fronts, Pikes. I collect the rare stuff!

LED HLEP!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED HLEP!!!!!   LED HLEP!!!!! Icon_minitime1/17/2012, 7:30 pm

If it were me, I would personally not purchase those. I would order a Stunner Strip LED Light. They are cheap and can be purchased in 6 watt LED's as well. They are also made by very reputable LED makers like ecoexotic so you know they will do a great job and that's what they are made for. Here's what they look like. http://www.marinedepot.com/ps_searchItem.aspx?SearchText=stunner%20led&gclid=COyFt5a22K0CFYFx4Aoddy2EnQ&vendorname=Ecoxotic&vendorcode=XX&parsed=1
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

LED HLEP!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED HLEP!!!!!   LED HLEP!!!!! Icon_minitime1/17/2012, 8:05 pm

tuannguyen2782 wrote:
i went to homedepot n had find the light. do you think is going to work for my tanks

http://www.homedepot.com/Lighting-Fans-Indoor-Lighting-Under-Cabinet-Accent-Lighting-Under-Cabinet-Lights/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbvnb/R-202024449/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053
Those lights are not LED and produce some heat. Look at the Q&A section on that link.
Back to top Go down
fishface30
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Angelfish, Rummynose Tetras

LED HLEP!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED HLEP!!!!!   LED HLEP!!!!! Icon_minitime1/17/2012, 8:38 pm

yep it says halogen...
Back to top Go down
tuannguyen2782
Private
Private

LED HLEP!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED HLEP!!!!!   LED HLEP!!!!! Icon_minitime1/17/2012, 9:10 pm

thanks for all ur help, i will shop some more to see wats good and reasonable .. thks alots..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LED HLEP!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LED HLEP!!!!!   LED HLEP!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LED HLEP!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: Freshwater Aquaria :: Plants and Planted Fish Tanks-
Jump to: