UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid

Go down 
+4
strikingthematch
Flippercon
Jd.
jason_nj
8 posters
AuthorMessage
jason_nj
Private
Private

Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid Empty
PostSubject: Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid   Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid Icon_minitime10/7/2011, 1:51 am

Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and I thought I'd ask if this looks like a jack\con hybrid.

I have a pair of bgjds and I had a pair of a male pink and female black con in the same 125 gallon tank and one time both pairs spawned very close to each other and I think the male pink fertilized some of the JD eggs. This is the only fish I kept from that spawn because he looked strange and I was hoping it was an EBJD but it turned out to look like this. What do you guys think. Jack\Con hybrid?

Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid DSC01106

Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid DSC01097

Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid DSC01104

Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid DSC01097

Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

PostSubject: Re: Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid   Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid Icon_minitime10/7/2011, 1:54 am

Yea I would say that is exactly what it looks like haha thats crazy i didn't even think that it would be possible now I have to watch my ebjd pair in the 75g , since flipper donated a pair of cons haha
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid   Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid Icon_minitime10/7/2011, 4:04 am

Jason! Where ya been buddy? Glad your back around. Does look like a jd/con. How are your blues?
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

PostSubject: Re: Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid   Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid Icon_minitime10/7/2011, 4:24 am

I talked to him on cichlid forum and directed him here lol , told him that we were thinking that he might be dead : (
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid   Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid Icon_minitime10/7/2011, 7:23 am

That is very interesting. Good to know that it can happen since I know it is not that uncommon for people to keep them together.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid   Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid Icon_minitime10/7/2011, 7:25 am

Hey striking the bgjd pair you have were bred by jason_nj.
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid   Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid Icon_minitime10/7/2011, 7:29 am

Haha funny how these fish get around
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

PostSubject: Re: Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid   Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid Icon_minitime10/7/2011, 7:31 am

strikingthematch wrote:
Haha funny how these fish get around
Yeah they are like squatters!lol
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid   Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid Icon_minitime10/7/2011, 10:41 pm

nice..I have pink convict firemouth hybrids there weird and unique i think
Back to top Go down
jaiko1975
jaiko1975

PostSubject: Re: Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid   Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid Icon_minitime10/8/2011, 1:29 pm

and used to have Texas convicts hybrids
Back to top Go down
Playjeff45
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : green terror

PostSubject: Re: Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid   Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid Icon_minitime12/28/2011, 8:03 am

I believe I have the same thing, too small to tell yet though. I believe it was my male Jack that is the father, but not entirely positive. I have the young with mother seperated at the moment (too many predators in the aquarium).
Back to top Go down
Kasshan
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Kasshan

Favorite Fish: : Kribensis

PostSubject: Re: Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid   Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid Icon_minitime1/16/2012, 2:03 pm

hmmm fascinating. attractive compared to a convict. bleh compared to a jack dempsey
Back to top Go down
f1shy
Private
Private

Favorite Fish: : SUPER RED AROWANA (even though i cant have one because they are illegal in the usa)

PostSubject: Re: Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid   Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid Icon_minitime1/23/2012, 7:44 am

i have that same fish basically lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid   Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jack Dempsey Convict hybrid
Page 1 of 1