UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

quikrete pool filter sand

Go down 
+3
Jstump
Flippercon
KMX
7 posters
AuthorMessage
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

quikrete pool filter sand Empty
PostSubject: quikrete pool filter sand   quikrete pool filter sand Icon_minitime7/11/2011, 10:04 am

I think the home depot near me changed the bag but not sure of the sand. Has anyone ever used the quickrete for the aquarium? Thanks
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: quikrete pool filter sand   quikrete pool filter sand Icon_minitime7/11/2011, 10:27 am

I have heard of people using it but if your going for cheap I would use pool filter sand from the pool place . I swear by this stuff. Most pool places sell it for $8-9 for 50 lbs. Nice grain size super easy to clean.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: quikrete pool filter sand   quikrete pool filter sand Icon_minitime7/11/2011, 10:30 am

I use it in all my tanks just looks like they changed the bag or company .... Just wanted to see who all has it. It was $4.12 for 50LB on sale here.
Back to top Go down
Flippercon
Flippercon

Favorite Fish: : Electric Blue Rocio Octofasciata

PostSubject: Re: quikrete pool filter sand   quikrete pool filter sand Icon_minitime7/11/2011, 10:33 am

That's an awesome find. I might have to go check the hd out.
Back to top Go down
Jstump
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4
Chief Wrnt. Off. 4

Favorite Fish: : Metriaclima sp. "Msobo" Magunga

PostSubject: Re: quikrete pool filter sand   quikrete pool filter sand Icon_minitime7/11/2011, 10:50 am

That's what I put in my 46 gallon. It seems fine and looks good to me.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: quikrete pool filter sand   quikrete pool filter sand Icon_minitime7/11/2011, 11:15 am

sweet
Back to top Go down
Shea
Sergeant 1st Class
Sergeant 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: quikrete pool filter sand   quikrete pool filter sand Icon_minitime7/11/2011, 11:37 am

All of my aquariums have Quikrete playsand in them. Didn't know about the pool filter sand. Have had the playsand for quite a long time now and no problems whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

Favorite Fish: : Discus

PostSubject: Re: quikrete pool filter sand   quikrete pool filter sand Icon_minitime7/11/2011, 11:38 am

Works great for my tanks.
Back to top Go down
lgsasquatch
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
Chief Wrnt. Off. 5
lgsasquatch

Favorite Fish: : All i can afford

PostSubject: Re: quikrete pool filter sand   quikrete pool filter sand Icon_minitime7/11/2011, 8:26 pm

That's what I am looking at for my new 135, a friend uses pool filter sand in his 55. It looks great with it in there.
Back to top Go down
Addicted2Cichlids
Private
Private
Addicted2Cichlids

Favorite Fish: : Favorites...hmmm....
In my tanks my tropheus duboisi and tropheus moliro are my favs.
in past tanks petrotilapia bleekeri and an orange Pike.
Overall fav is gotta be the pundamilia nyererei ><å>

PostSubject: Re: quikrete pool filter sand   quikrete pool filter sand Icon_minitime5/26/2012, 6:01 pm

I know this is an old post but playground sand is yucky. Looks okay in the tank but it clouds up too much. Especially when you have sifters and pit diggers in your tank. PFS is the only way to go when you're going budget substrate from the HD.

Impellers HATE playground sand...crunch crunch crunch!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: quikrete pool filter sand   quikrete pool filter sand Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

quikrete pool filter sand
Page 1 of 1