UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

*! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!

Go down 
+14
jaiko1975
Jstump
Terry
dnphillips08
Jd.
Alton S
popebosephus
Zuly
Yeti
Ben
KMX
proyect01
Holey Rock of Texas
KingBichir
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

Favorite Fish: : all of them

*! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime6/25/2011, 8:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is where you can find updates on all the CAST species spread out around the USA. All users will post there pics, videos, ect right here.

ENJOY!

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/14/2011, 5:11 pm

looking good. nice videos.
Back to top Go down
Zuly
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Zuly

Favorite Fish: : All Male 90G Peacock/Hap Tank

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/14/2011, 8:20 pm

Thanks ya'll  *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 165198

The couple that were breathing heavy, look so much better tonight and they all ate.

Yeay
good
Back to top Go down
Alton S
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Alton S

Favorite Fish: : Lake Malawi Haps and Peas

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/14/2011, 9:12 pm

Sounds great and hope you have great luck with them too. Nice Tank setup!
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/14/2011, 9:40 pm

wanted to update too, heres a video. the domanite ones wouldnt come out, kinda upsets me cuz they look great

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/14/2011, 9:45 pm

Looking good Zuly nice setup. Nice KB.
Back to top Go down
Zuly
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Zuly

Favorite Fish: : All Male 90G Peacock/Hap Tank

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/14/2011, 9:47 pm

awwww, I love juvies, they are looking good KING!!!

*! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 265353

PS, thank you Ben and Alton  *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 165198
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/14/2011, 11:13 pm

Looks good king!

Might think IM crazy when I say this but they might be breeding soon for ya!
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/14/2011, 11:21 pm

that would be good, would it be cool if i pulled a couple of the sub dominate out
Back to top Go down
Alton S
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Alton S

Favorite Fish: : Lake Malawi Haps and Peas

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/15/2011, 6:42 am

Looking good Kingbichir, Hope you have great luck with these guys!!!
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/15/2011, 9:29 am

KingBichir wrote:
that would be good, would it be cool if i pulled a couple of the sub dominate out

No the sub domintae are great for breeding. Without them the dominate will end up killing off the females. If anything we will add more females later.
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/15/2011, 10:01 pm

ok just asking
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/16/2011, 11:09 am

Nice videos!Justin they look great!Zuly nice tank!Fish look happy!Keep us updated!I need to my 30g hex ready! usafishbox  *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 772341
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

Favorite Fish: : I dont knows ????

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/16/2011, 3:52 pm

I finally got my Pundamilia nyererei Ruti Islands in from KMX they are all doing great so far they had a little delay with the shipping but they pulled threw like champs. I have 10 at the moment and its funny because I spent a lot of time making hiding places for them and now they are in the tank they are swimming around checking everything out haha. I gave them 2 hours in the dark and just turned on the light to give them a very light feeding , with kens victorian fish food and they took all of it super fast. Here are some pictures I will update them as often as I can.

Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/16/2011, 4:52 pm

Wow. Looks amazing. We will soon have PLENTY to spread around. This is exciting!  *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 265353

Keep the updates coming.  *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 772341
Back to top Go down
dnphillips08
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
dnphillips08

Favorite Fish: : Discus

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/16/2011, 4:58 pm

Fish look good and so does your set up! yes
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/28/2011, 6:25 pm

The fish have doubled in size now so they are growing like green beans. I am spoiling them by feeding them a lot and giving them fresh produce "more or less for my pleco but they eat it as well just to aggravate me haha"

I do have a question one of them is bigger so possible male and they bigger ones are darker but the biggest one has some blue on its dorsal fin and it def eats before any of the other fish so I am guessing its the alpha. So this seems like a alpha male right ? do the females get food first and get a blue fin ?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/28/2011, 6:44 pm

Females will show veryy veryy little to nothing of color at all. If you are seeing color at that age it's for sure a male. The bigger one with little color will be your dom male.

Post some pics in a week or so give us an update. usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/29/2011, 9:52 pm

**UPDATE PICS **

Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime9/30/2011, 10:18 am

Very nice. They are looking great. I would say a few month and you should have some breeding action.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/21/2011, 4:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Haha as you can see they are very active and love to eat , they are getting big :D
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/21/2011, 4:26 pm

There looking great! usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Terry
Captain
Captain
Terry

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/27/2011, 10:27 am

Here is a video of my species that will be getting spread around CAST when they start spawning for me. The first tank has Excichlasoma Istlanum and Archocentrus Centrarchus. The second tank has Astatoheros Altifrons and Cryptoheros Cutteri. The third tank is my Ameca Splendens. Enjoy usafishbox

Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/27/2011, 2:34 pm

Looking great Terry!
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/28/2011, 12:03 pm

great work guys
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime10/28/2011, 12:54 pm

NICE! We will put them on list soon as we have little ones.
Back to top Go down
Jd.
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Jd.

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime11/7/2011, 4:27 pm

Another update for my little guys , they are a little pissed I just cleaned there tank and put a air rod in there haha they are not sure about it yet I guess. They are starting to get some color on them which is awesome. I will get my good camera out aka non iPhone camera and try to get some good pics especially the alpha he is looking real nice def the darkest of the bunch and a good deal bigger of course.

The wand I put in the tank has a color changing led mode , I put the wand behind all the rocks and since my back is mirrored i thought it might look cool. I am just worrying if it will piss off the fish as you can see i don't think its all that bright : / idk I might leave it or unplug it not sure just yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next