UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

*! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!

Go down 
+14
jaiko1975
Jstump
Terry
dnphillips08
Jd.
Alton S
popebosephus
Zuly
Yeti
Ben
KMX
proyect01
Holey Rock of Texas
KingBichir
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

Favorite Fish: : all of them

*! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime6/25/2011, 8:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is where you can find updates on all the CAST species spread out around the USA. All users will post there pics, videos, ect right here.

ENJOY!

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
proyect01
Captain
Captain

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime2/21/2012, 1:09 pm

I use 4 gallons x fish for breeding but is not a gold rule usafishbox
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime2/22/2012, 9:18 am

Spencer you talking about how many fish?
Back to top Go down
Aspencer
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aspencer

Favorite Fish: : Hap sf Crossbar Yala Swamp

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime2/22/2012, 9:48 am

Yes...how many to complete my tank.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime2/23/2012, 8:59 am

Let's see what you get out of the 4 Juvies 1st. I think 2-3 males is good. 7-8 Females.
Back to top Go down
Aspencer
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aspencer

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/3/2012, 6:11 pm

Here is the family eating lunch. I sure hope I have boys in there, I think the larger of the juveniles is one but he has not colored up.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/3/2012, 7:54 pm

nice.
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/12/2012, 6:12 pm

Hit me with some Spring updates. I will be sending some more out to you all.
Back to top Go down
Zuly
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Zuly

Favorite Fish: : All Male 90G Peacock/Hap Tank

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/13/2012, 5:28 pm

All 4 male Greenwoodis (Velvet Blacks) are growing and doing great. I still have them in seperate tanks.

yes Looking good!

Patiently waiting for some females rolling eye

usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox

Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/14/2012, 1:49 am

nice
Back to top Go down
Aspencer
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aspencer

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/17/2012, 1:31 pm

Here is the latest video of the tank. I have had the four juveniles in the tank for 37 day. Two have grown much more than the other two. The ones from KMX are large and look very strong and greenish. The two larger juveniles are still silver looking. I am not sure I have any males. In the vidoe, the last part, I show the two larger juveniles. Do they look like males?
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/19/2012, 2:35 am

very nice
Back to top Go down
Aspencer
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aspencer

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/25/2012, 7:13 pm

Weekly update: looks like no males. One of the juveniles is somewhat silver looking but not coloring up much. Maybe that one is a male.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/26/2012, 8:24 am

Very nice. I can't tell 100% but I think you have a male. IF NOT don't be discouraged, I have a ton coming and can get you a male.
Back to top Go down
Aspencer
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aspencer

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/26/2012, 8:43 am

Thanks
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime3/26/2012, 2:24 pm

Matter a fact I was looking today and I should have some ready very, very soon. I have around 40-50 between .5" and 1.25"
Back to top Go down
Zuly
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Zuly

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime6/10/2012, 12:16 pm

Hi all, long time don't see lol!

Just wanted to touch base. Greenwoodis, Velvet Blacks, are looking better than ever. These bad boys are still looking for mates. I still have them separated in different tanks.

Please PM me if you know of anyone that has females available.

Thanks,
Zuly

usafishbox
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime6/11/2012, 4:20 pm

awesome Zuly, hope you find the women soon...  *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 690297
Back to top Go down
Zuly
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Zuly

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime6/12/2012, 12:14 am

I hear ya, they are getting desperate crazy

lol!
Back to top Go down
Zuly
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant
Zuly

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime6/12/2012, 12:16 am

<---------------------------------- That's what they are starting to look like funny
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime6/14/2012, 11:09 pm

Everyone ok to give an update?

I have some more that are ready for new homes.
Back to top Go down
Aspencer
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aspencer

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/6/2012, 11:04 am

Well, it has been a long time but things are going well here. I now have 7 fish left, one male for sure, one maybe and 5 females of various sizes. I have two fish with battered tails but still active. She is a smaller fish. A little history, I got 8 fish last November from Kory. Four survived, all females. I got 8 small fish from school teacher in Michigan and four survived after being put in the tank with bigger fish. That is where the male came from. No babies yet but maybe some courting.

Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/8/2012, 10:34 am

great to hear you have a nice little group. keep us posted and i hope they breed soon.
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/8/2012, 10:34 am

great to hear you have a nice little group. keep us posted and i hope they breed soon.
Back to top Go down
BFinley
Admin
Admin
BFinley

Favorite Fish: : Frontosa and Red Tail Catfish and All Africans

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime10/8/2012, 11:50 am

Aspencer wrote:
Well, it has been a long time but things are going well here. I now have 7 fish left, one male for sure, one maybe and 5 females of various sizes. I have two fish with battered tails but still active. She is a smaller fish. A little history, I got 8 fish last November from Kory. Four survived, all females. I got 8 small fish from school teacher in Michigan and four survived after being put in the tank with bigger fish. That is where the male came from. No babies yet but maybe some courting.

Thats awesome!hopefuly you get some babies soon!Keep us posted!Thanks!  *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 772341 usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Aspencer
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aspencer

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime1/23/2013, 7:36 pm

No babies yet but it seems like things are sorting themselves out...I have one dominant male, ugh..for sure 1 sub-dom male, maybe two..one female, smaller but in great shape, one female the same size with ragged tail, sometimes black in color but very active...

My questions is:
5 3+" rock dwellers
55 g, 20 plants
Aquaclear 110
Rena XP3

I have two 6 in air stones under each outtake for better oxygen in the water

I have just heard that this scares them or at least makes the uncomfortable at the miniumum.

Does anyone suggest a change?
Back to top Go down
KingBichir
Admin
Admin
KingBichir

Favorite Fish: : all of them

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime1/23/2013, 10:46 pm

Maybe put some empty planter pots in the upside down with a door cut in there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!    *! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

*! C.A.S.T. Species Updates *!
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next