UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

meet Mr Coppertop:)

Go down 
+8
08can-am
lifeisgood
natikah
strikingthematch
MarkM
KMX
wildbeanerz
cwhip
12 posters
AuthorMessage
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

meet Mr Coppertop:) Empty
PostSubject: meet Mr Coppertop:)   meet Mr Coppertop:) Icon_minitime4/30/2011, 1:13 pm

this is my latest rescue fish "Copperband Butterfly"
he was being housed in a 10 gallon tank he was pale and starving to death
it took a bit of work but once I got him eating he started coloring up and
now eats like a pig right from my turkey baster. it's really sad some people don't research before they buy and these poor animals pay the ultimate price for that ignorance.
when it says expert level or care level difficult believe it. sorry for the rant but I just saw a guy put a Mandarin
in his tank the day after he filled it! mad crazy
meet Mr Coppertop:) 275
meet Mr Coppertop:) 259
meet Mr Coppertop:) 319-1
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: meet Mr Coppertop:)   meet Mr Coppertop:) Icon_minitime4/30/2011, 1:18 pm

He's pretty Cindy! So glad to hear he has a home with you now. I can't believe how many people don't do their research and just want a pretty box of water filled with pretty things and none of the work that goes into it cursing
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: meet Mr Coppertop:)   meet Mr Coppertop:) Icon_minitime4/30/2011, 1:26 pm

Thanks, he's getting prettier everyday at first he would hide and was afraid to come out when anyone was near the tank now he follows me saying feed me, feed me lol. its really great how fast they can make a come back when taken care of:)
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

PostSubject: Re: meet Mr Coppertop:)   meet Mr Coppertop:) Icon_minitime4/30/2011, 1:33 pm

Very purdy!
Back to top Go down
MarkM
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
MarkM

Favorite Fish: : If it swims and has fins and gills, I like it.

PostSubject: Re: meet Mr Coppertop:)   meet Mr Coppertop:) Icon_minitime4/30/2011, 6:39 pm

Very nice! He's lucky you found him.
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: meet Mr Coppertop:)   meet Mr Coppertop:) Icon_minitime4/30/2011, 6:43 pm

Thanks Guy's I am lucky too he's a great fish and has lots of personality:)
Back to top Go down
strikingthematch
Captain
Captain
strikingthematch

Favorite Fish: : Discus, Stingrays, Arowana, Rams, and Angels

PostSubject: Re: meet Mr Coppertop:)   meet Mr Coppertop:) Icon_minitime4/30/2011, 7:34 pm

Great job! Good to know some people are looking out for fish. I always try to send an email to people selling tanks with fish to ask if they are willing to separate the fish in the sale because many times I get the feeling they are either flushed before the sale or the person that buys the tank does... and in some cases they end up in the pet store... which I guess in some cases is better.
Back to top Go down
natikah
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
natikah

Favorite Fish: : fish, fish, fish

PostSubject: Re: meet Mr Coppertop:)   meet Mr Coppertop:) Icon_minitime4/30/2011, 10:02 pm

meet Mr Coppertop:) 858205 Great job on the save!
Back to top Go down
lifeisgood
Captain
Captain
lifeisgood

Favorite Fish: : My Favorites are the Pleco's and Cory Cats . BUT , I have 44 running Tanks at this time . I keep 3 kinds of Shellies , several types of Pleco's ( mostly Ancistrus ), Cichlids , Crays , Angels , LB's , and some local species .

PostSubject: Re: meet Mr Coppertop:)   meet Mr Coppertop:) Icon_minitime5/1/2011, 7:05 am

Beautiful fish , great save !
Back to top Go down
08can-am
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

Favorite Fish: : Any thing reef friendl

PostSubject: Re: meet Mr Coppertop:)   meet Mr Coppertop:) Icon_minitime5/30/2011, 3:26 pm

Nice fish cindy. Arent these fish iffy with reefs or are they reef safe? And i want a mandarin so bad but know my tank is no where near mature enough for one yet.
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: meet Mr Coppertop:)   meet Mr Coppertop:) Icon_minitime5/31/2011, 6:57 am

08can-am wrote:
Nice fish cindy. Arent these fish iffy with reefs or are they reef safe? And i want a mandarin so bad but know my tank is no where near mature enough for one yet.
they are with caution which means to me no they are not reef safe, I've done many
reef safe fish with caution fish and all ended up eating coral at some point one took 3 years before he turned bad. I rehomed this fish to someone with a large FOWLR I knew I couldn't keep him forever but he has a good home now. if you want a Mandarin so bad why not get one from ORA they have them eating prepared foods, they still need pods to get the right nutrition but not soley.
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: meet Mr Coppertop:)   meet Mr Coppertop:) Icon_minitime5/31/2011, 12:23 pm

These are good for aptasia, and eat constantly right? So the secret to keeping them in your reef... Let it overgrow with aptaisia until it has nothing else to nibble at in the tank! Course... the aptaisia prolly kills your coral too.
Back to top Go down
08can-am
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3

Favorite Fish: : Any thing reef friendl

PostSubject: Re: meet Mr Coppertop:)   meet Mr Coppertop:) Icon_minitime5/31/2011, 1:23 pm

Im thinkin about it. I need to let my tank settle some. I just added my grade a picasso's from Doni's and a couple small tangs. I know my tangs are going to grow so i have started looking for a upgrade but i am going to take my time and hope to come across another really good deal. Im thinking maybe a 200 dd or something like that. Just gonna wait. The wife said maybe christmas time we can get a big tank. Shes into this now.
Back to top Go down
CajunGator
CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: meet Mr Coppertop:)   meet Mr Coppertop:) Icon_minitime5/31/2011, 2:27 pm

wow very nice... how bit do they get???
usafishbox
Back to top Go down
Holey Rock of Texas
Admin
Admin
Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: meet Mr Coppertop:)   meet Mr Coppertop:) Icon_minitime5/31/2011, 2:45 pm

very nice fish.
Back to top Go down
Ben
Ben

Favorite Fish: : Venustus and Catfish

PostSubject: Re: meet Mr Coppertop:)   meet Mr Coppertop:) Icon_minitime5/31/2011, 3:37 pm

Nice looking fish.
Back to top Go down
popebosephus
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
Chief Wrnt. Off. 3
popebosephus

PostSubject: Re: meet Mr Coppertop:)   meet Mr Coppertop:) Icon_minitime5/31/2011, 3:46 pm

CajunGator wrote:
wow very nice... how bit do they get???
usafishbox

they can get pretty big. The neat thing about these fish, along with several other species, is the way their dorsal fins resemble eyes so potential predators attack the wrong end of the fish.
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: meet Mr Coppertop:)   meet Mr Coppertop:) Icon_minitime6/5/2011, 6:54 am

tank size min 50 gallons
Care Level, Difficult
Temperament, very Peaceful
Reef Compatible, With Caution to me that means NO:) yes he eats lots of aiptasia and takes mysis right from your fingers, so far he hasn't touched any corals but then again he's not in the 180.
his max size is 8 inches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: meet Mr Coppertop:)   meet Mr Coppertop:) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

meet Mr Coppertop:)
Page 1 of 1