UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!
UsaFishBox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLatest imagesLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.
Similar topics

**** C.A.S.T. Program ****

Go down 
    +29
    jaiko1975
    Alton S
    cichlidluvr
    Jd.
    Shea
    Flippercon
    ClarkeExotics
    Jeepluv77
    ardiswait
    KingBichir
    Yeti
    bknerd
    Zuly
    snoskiur
    Keelo
    Troy Veltrop
    proyect01
    airball2006
    Sigmar
    Terry
    unknown
    BFinley
    hello2196
    J*Hawk*83
    jessecichlidguy
    CajunGator
    Shaysfishys
    Holey Rock of Texas
    KMX
    33 posters
    Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
    AuthorMessage
    KMX
    Admin
    Admin
    KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Empty
    PostSubject: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/8/2011, 3:09 pm

Conservation
    Awareness
    Support
    Time & Effort

CAST your net out and open a space for a rare species!!

Everything will be tracked and documented right here on USA Fishbox.

The CAST program was invinted by me on 4-2-11. I was thinking about getting a program started for some time. At first I did not know where to really go with the program but I really wanted to make sure the goal was all about conservation and helping these rare species of fish that are in the hobby. I have read in to other programs like C.A.R.E.S. and also one that HCCC started to keep these rare species of fish going strong. I have made a bunch of my own ideas with a little mixing of others and I think I have created another monster!!

The only requirements to get involved in this program is be a member of USA Fishbox, have space for a rare species and sign a letter of aggrement on the rules and requiremnts in the program.

Rules and requrements are simple.

-You must agree that NONE of the fry will ever be sold unless it's a donation going back in to the program.

-You must agree that NONE of the parents/breeders will ever be sold.

-Everything will be documented on USA Fishbox, so you must have a way of taking pictures and must give feedback weekly to bi weekly updates on everything.

-You must agree that these fish are actually NOT YOURS. They are owned by the CAST program. YOU are only caring for them.

-If you fail to meet the requirements at anytime you will be removed from the program and fish will go to someone else. IF YOU SELL FISH behind the programs back you will be banned, removed and forever knows as a fraud! Very sincear about what the program is about.

If you want to get involved contact me ASAP.

I am looking to get people involed. I would like to see this expand in the North Texas and surrounding areas. But this does not exculde anyone who lives elsewhere.

This cost nothing but a helping hand and a small donation. ( $1-$2 per fish. Fish will be ready at 1" or larger.) You will be aloud a min. of 6 fish and a max. of 20 of one species. You can have as many species as you want.

If you have a tank 20G or bigger let me know and I will get with you to discuss details on what species we can put in your tank.

If you don't have a tank or $$ to get one. I can get one for you just lend me the space. Please get with me if you have space for a tank and are willing to help the CAST program. (once the program gets bigger we will be able to help with some finances)

The fish that are choosen to put in your tank will be tracked by all of us here at USA Fishbox. I want to keep track of who has the fish, how many, if they are spawning and where the fry go. ALLLLL fry that are breed will be donated to other tanks for CAST. None will be sold unless it is for donations.

I think it would be awesome to have many species and grow the #s in the thousands and keep track of everything!

Please contact me to get involed in anyway!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Users: ( Users in BOLD are users that have CAST tanks. Others are in line waiting.)
    KMX
    Jhawk
    Bfinley
    holey rock Texas
    Yeti
    unknown
    Terry
    Sigmar
    bknerd
    zuly
    KingBichir
    snoskiur
    JD.
    Jstump

Last edited by KMX on 11/13/2011, 9:06 am; edited 21 times in total
    Back to top Go down
    Holey Rock of Texas
    Admin
    Admin
    Holey Rock of Texas

Favorite Fish: : shellys

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/8/2011, 4:41 pm

i think you should get me about 6 x 40 gallon breeders. jk

this is a great thing and we should help to expand it.
    Back to top Go down
    Shaysfishys
    Captain
    Captain
    Shaysfishys

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them!!

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/8/2011, 5:23 pm

Alas again I'm up here in the PNW!!! Dang it - but I'm searching the list since I've already designated one maybe 2 tanks for the C.A.R.E.S.
    Back to top Go down
    CajunGator
    CajunGator

Favorite Fish: : Cichlids, WC Syn Petricola, Shellies, Festae, Mbu Puffers, Koi Angels, ABN, Piranha, Mermaids

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/8/2011, 7:35 pm

usafishbox
    Back to top Go down
    KMX
    Admin
    Admin
    KMX

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/8/2011, 11:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Back to top Go down
    jessecichlidguy
    jessecichlidguy

Favorite Fish: : cichlids cichlids cichlids

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/9/2011, 7:48 am

kory im willing to open a tank for the cares program let me know if im of any help i know you said for people to be in texas but i would give it a whirl
    Back to top Go down
    KMX
    Admin
    Admin
    KMX

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/9/2011, 8:05 am

Not just North Texas. ANYWHERE
    Back to top Go down
    jessecichlidguy
    jessecichlidguy

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/9/2011, 8:14 am

well then im willing to take it on kory what do i need to do

let me know and i will have it done

Im ready boss...pick me pick me
    Back to top Go down
    Shaysfishys
    Captain
    Captain
    Shaysfishys

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/9/2011, 12:52 pm

Let me know what I need to do then our fine Leader!!! got cycled ready to roll tanks, bag a crushed coral to the bump ph, experience with lots of different fish, can keep you a diary, etc.... so anytime just let me know
    Back to top Go down
    KMX
    Admin
    Admin
    KMX

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/9/2011, 8:50 pm

Jesse and Shay I have you all down. Let me get some rare stuff and see what we can do.

What are the set ups , ect?
    Back to top Go down
    Holey Rock of Texas
    Admin
    Admin
    Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/9/2011, 9:27 pm

so as a part of this program. so when you have fry do you need to give them to someone else as part of the sharing the wealth program. so i give you free fish and the fry they have you give to someone else to do the same with?
    Back to top Go down
    KMX
    Admin
    Admin
    KMX

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/9/2011, 9:35 pm

Holey Rock of Texas wrote:
    so as a part of this program. so when you have fry do you need to give them to someone else as part of the sharing the wealth program. so i give you free fish and the fry they have you give to someone else to do the same with?

yes! Everything will be tracked. I would hope that when people recive the fish they will give a small donation to keep the program expanding.

I am going to start with my Neochromis Greenwoodi.

Say I let you , jesse and cajun have some. I keep track of how many I gave you all and how much you all donated. When you all get them to breed I will keep track how many fry and those fry will go twards CARES. Going to other places to spread and do the same. The goal is to get as many species and people involed to help these rare and indagerd species. It would be nice to see every member to open a space and make room for something like this. I can not make a difference but with everyones help WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Back to top Go down
    jessecichlidguy
    jessecichlidguy

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/9/2011, 10:27 pm

kory i have a few 55s open and some 40s so tank space is not a problem
    Back to top Go down
    Shaysfishys
    Captain
    Captain
    Shaysfishys

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 12:08 am

Have either 35 or 45 open for this project.
    Back to top Go down
    KMX
    Admin
    Admin
    KMX

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 8:04 am

Got you all down. Just give me a few weeks and I will get something lined up. I am still in the thought process on some of this....I am going to play it as it goes. Usually how I do it. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Back to top Go down
    jessecichlidguy
    jessecichlidguy

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 8:36 am

just let me know master chief
    Back to top Go down
    Holey Rock of Texas
    Admin
    Admin
    Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 12:16 pm

bump
    Back to top Go down
    Shaysfishys
    Captain
    Captain
    Shaysfishys

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 1:05 pm

Works for me just let me know when you get it all figured out!!
    Back to top Go down
    KMX
    Admin
    Admin
    KMX

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/10/2011, 5:33 pm

More info coming this week. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    Back to top Go down
    Holey Rock of Texas
    Admin
    Admin
    Holey Rock of Texas

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/11/2011, 12:12 am

****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** 265353 usafishbox
    Back to top Go down
    J*Hawk*83
    First Lieutenant
    First Lieutenant
    J*Hawk*83

Favorite Fish: : Venestus
    Trigger
    Lionfish
    Wrasse

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/11/2011, 9:02 am

Kory,
    If you need any help from me let me know. I only have 20g talls empty, but I have plenty of space available.

usafishbox
    Back to top Go down
    KMX
    Admin
    Admin
    KMX

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/11/2011, 9:07 am

Jhawk , Get one set up and I will have a group of 10 ready for you in about a month. Get your water all nice and purdy usafishbox ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** 690297
    Back to top Go down
    J*Hawk*83
    First Lieutenant
    First Lieutenant
    J*Hawk*83

Trigger
    Lionfish
    Wrasse

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/11/2011, 9:14 am

KMX wrote:
    Jhawk , Get one set up and I will have a group of 10 ready for you in about a month. Get your water all nice and purdy usafishbox ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** 690297

Sounds like a plan! I'll set it up this weekend, so it will be ready for them whenever available.
    Back to top Go down
    KMX
    Admin
    Admin
    KMX

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/11/2011, 9:26 am

Cool I will toss you my 8 Greenwoodi or see if I can get something else by then. Keep you posted.
    Back to top Go down
    J*Hawk*83
    First Lieutenant
    First Lieutenant
    J*Hawk*83

Trigger
    Lionfish
    Wrasse

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime4/11/2011, 9:27 am

usafishbox usafishbox usafishbox
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: **** C.A.S.T. Program ****   ****  C.A.S.T. Program  **** Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

**** C.A.S.T. Program ****
    Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next