UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

?'s about Magnificent foxface

Go down 
AuthorMessage
20sack
Private
Private

?'s about Magnificent foxface Empty
PostSubject: ?'s about Magnificent foxface   ?'s about Magnificent foxface Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 1:09 pm

I ve had one for about 3 months now and recently I realized he doesn't have the same colors that he should.Every time I see a pic or video of one they look little diff then mine.Mine doesn't have the colors no black on back little red on top no yellow on fin.Is he not healthy or am I doing something wrong.I feed him mostly seaweed.I just don't know.He's just not as pretty as he should be.perameters are good trates a little high but not that bad
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: ?'s about Magnificent foxface   ?'s about Magnificent foxface Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 1:31 pm

how big is the tank he is in?
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: ?'s about Magnificent foxface   ?'s about Magnificent foxface Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 1:43 pm

What is the tank setup, size, LR, other inhabitants? All these things would help. Sounds like he is stressed out from something.
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: ?'s about Magnificent foxface   ?'s about Magnificent foxface Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 1:58 pm

It would be best to offer him plenty planktonic style foods (nori, live algae, mysis, brine, formula foods,new spectrum etc.) these fish are more planktivorous than some other rabbitfishes.
also need more info on tank size tank mates when you say your params are good what are they? it could be stress fading. try soaking his food in selcon and garlic and mix his diet up a bit. I just mixed up arcti pods, rods food,mysis, brine,phyto garlic,selcon and a half of sea vegi sheet for my guys.

**********USAfishbox.com*************

<*)))>{ <*)))>{ <*)))>{ <*)))>{
180 gallon mixed reef SPS dominant 75 gallon sump/fuge.
40 gallon anemone/softy tank 20 gallon sump/fuge.
Red sea max 250 Seahorse tank.
Silence is Golden but Duct tape is Silver.....
Having a saltwater tank without coral is like the Hells angels riding Mopeds*************************************
"The road to success is always under construction."
Back to top Go down
20sack
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: ?'s about Magnificent foxface   ?'s about Magnificent foxface Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 2:48 pm

125g amm0 trites0 trates50 I think my yellow tang or damsels might pick on him.I know he and the tang don't care for each other.he's always trying to bite my mean tang then tang scalpes him.could be stress from tang,but he never had full color when i got him.(mail order)
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: ?'s about Magnificent foxface   ?'s about Magnificent foxface Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 2:52 pm

did you quarantine him?
coudl be from the tang!
also do what cwhip mentioned!
try more foods
i know for a fact they love nori!
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

PostSubject: Re: ?'s about Magnificent foxface   ?'s about Magnificent foxface Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 2:56 pm

nitrates of 50 is a bit high. yes he could be stressed does his color change when you first turn the lights on? was he added after the tangs? if its the tangs that are stressing him the only way to change that is to either change your scape so no fish has a territory or take the offending fish out for a few days then reintroduce him to the tank. if the fish looked like that when you got him he may also need a better variety of foods to help him color up. how long have you had him?

Having a saltwater tank without coral is like the Hells angels riding Mopeds*************************************
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

PostSubject: Re: ?'s about Magnificent foxface   ?'s about Magnificent foxface Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 2:57 pm

says 3 months
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

PostSubject: Re: ?'s about Magnificent foxface   ?'s about Magnificent foxface Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 3:00 pm

I would say he was stressed from shipping then you put him in with a fish that picks on him and stressed him further and also don't vary his diet. Sounds like a stressed out fish to me.
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: ?'s about Magnificent foxface   ?'s about Magnificent foxface Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 3:01 pm

lol yes it does! hmm you'd think they would have gotten over the territory issues by now.
can you post a pic of this fish?

Back to top Go down
20sack
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: ?'s about Magnificent foxface   ?'s about Magnificent foxface Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 3:04 pm

yeah, after the tang.He blotches up once in a while like they all do.And when the kids are jumping around.still a little skittish
Back to top Go down
20sack
Private
Private

PostSubject: Re: ?'s about Magnificent foxface   ?'s about Magnificent foxface Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 3:11 pm

I did quarintine (always)for only a week though I ve tried different foods ,but he really love the seaweed so that's what i give he is stressed I don't know from what though.He's pretty much all white and no color
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: ?'s about Magnificent foxface   ?'s about Magnificent foxface Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 3:21 pm

soak his food in selcon and garlic that will help his immunity as well as feeding a varied diet and if you can move a few rocks around honestly if the Tang wanted him gone he would be dead by now. I had a YB hippo Tang use his spike and ripped the belly of my male Anthias while I watched needless to say he killed him in the 1st week.sadly things like this happen we keep differant species from all over the world in one box and expect them to get a long.
heres the pic this started as a one inch slice and turned into this.
?'s about Magnificent foxface 003-35

Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

PostSubject: Re: ?'s about Magnificent foxface   ?'s about Magnificent foxface Icon_minitime2/16/2011, 3:24 pm

this was a full grown male about 6 inches long and he had a harem of females after he died one of the females changed her sex and is now the male with no issues from the tangs at all.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ?'s about Magnificent foxface   ?'s about Magnificent foxface Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

?'s about Magnificent foxface
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: SaltWater Aquaria :: General Saltwater Disc.-
Jump to: