UsaFishBox
Welcome to USAFishBox! You are currently viewing the forum as a guest. To view the index and portal you must be a member. Please click the register button to join NOW for FREE.!..Finally check out the 24 hour live chat !!!

UsaFishBox

USA Fishbox is THE place where fish freaks come together. Here at USA we talk aquatics all day long. If you are new please sign up and join in.

facebookForumHomeLog inRegister
Welcome to USA Fishbox. If you are a guest please sign up. This forum is 100% free to use.

Saltwater Algae

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aquatic-Haven
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aquatic-Haven

Favorite Fish: : Just about all of them

Saltwater Algae Empty
PostSubject: Saltwater Algae   Saltwater Algae Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 5:11 pm

What would anyone suggest Cariba Seas Purple Up or Kent Purple Tech.
Which is better or are they the same.So far all i have used in the Purple Up and is working good but the local pet shop dosen't have it.Just the kent purple tech
Back to top Go down
bkozolup
Sergeant
Sergeant
bkozolup

Favorite Fish: : Chrysurus angel fish

Saltwater Algae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saltwater Algae   Saltwater Algae Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 5:18 pm

Purple up is strictly a fertilizer . If you have been using that i would stay with it. SOmetimes when you switch you might be adding a nutrient that hasnt been in your tank and might spark a bloom of diatoms or red slime algae. Like when you switch from one salt to another not everytrhing is the same. I would stick witht the purple up. I would also look into a 2 part calcium and alkalinity as well Brightwell aquatics has a great system that is like c balance but it is 10 better and it is made up off kalkwater(bakingsoda)

Reef code A

Reef code B
Back to top Go down
Aquatic-Haven
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aquatic-Haven

Saltwater Algae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saltwater Algae   Saltwater Algae Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 5:39 pm

Wouldn't my refugium take care of that?
Back to top Go down
KMX
Admin
Admin
KMX

Favorite Fish: : African Cichlids of all kinds.

Saltwater Algae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saltwater Algae   Saltwater Algae Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 5:59 pm

bkozolup wrote:
Purple up is strictly a fertilizer . If you have been using that i would stay with it. SOmetimes when you switch you might be adding a nutrient that hasnt been in your tank and might spark a bloom of diatoms or red slime algae. Like when you switch from one salt to another not everytrhing is the same. I would stick witht the purple up. I would also look into a 2 part calcium and alkalinity as well Brightwell aquatics has a great system that is like c balance but it is 10 better and it is made up off kalkwater(bakingsoda)

Reef code A

Reef code B

Saltwater Algae 772341 Saltwater Algae 772341 Saltwater Algae 772341

Saltwater Algae 999642

**********USAfishbox.com*************

Expand the hobby!

Don't blame me, I voted RON PAUL !!

Saltwater Algae CMSIG
Back to top Go down
Aquatic-Haven
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aquatic-Haven

Saltwater Algae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saltwater Algae   Saltwater Algae Icon_minitime1/24/2011, 6:16 pm

I will for sure look in to that brightwell system thaks for all your help
Back to top Go down
juice28
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
Chief Wrnt. Off. 2
juice28

Favorite Fish: : black false percula, spotted mandarin

Saltwater Algae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saltwater Algae   Saltwater Algae Icon_minitime2/1/2011, 10:20 am

i use the aqua vitro products which work great but coraline is stimulated by blue light. If you were to set up 2 tanks and put straight actinics on one, you algae would grow faster in that one.
Back to top Go down
Aquatic-Haven
Private First Class
Private First Class
Aquatic-Haven

Saltwater Algae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saltwater Algae   Saltwater Algae Icon_minitime2/1/2011, 11:27 am

I have actinic lights that stay on all the time and have some very nice purple coraline algae just wanted to know if purple up was better then kent purple tech because the local petshop dose not have it and for some reason won't order me any guess i'll just have to order it myself from Dr. fosters
Back to top Go down
wildbeanerz
Captain
Captain
wildbeanerz

Favorite Fish: : Love my black ocellaris!

Saltwater Algae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saltwater Algae   Saltwater Algae Icon_minitime2/1/2011, 11:32 am

Are you sure that you are leaving actinic lights on all the time? Soon you will have green algae too if that is the case.
Back to top Go down
alkomist
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General
alkomist

Favorite Fish: :

┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘
┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘ ┌(ಠ_ಠ)┘

Saltwater Algae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saltwater Algae   Saltwater Algae Icon_minitime2/1/2011, 11:33 am

i would stay away from the purple up
Back to top Go down
cwhip
cwhip

Favorite Fish: : Maroon clownfish,Tangs,bluespot jaw fish,Bangaii,Mandarins etc.......I love all fish really.

Saltwater Algae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saltwater Algae   Saltwater Algae Icon_minitime2/1/2011, 12:06 pm

purple up is just calcium you want coralliine just keep your cal in check. all the Brightwell products are awesome by the way.

**********USAfishbox.com*************

<*)))>{ <*)))>{ <*)))>{ <*)))>{
180 gallon mixed reef SPS dominant 75 gallon sump/fuge.
40 gallon anemone/softy tank 20 gallon sump/fuge.
Red sea max 250 Seahorse tank.
Silence is Golden but Duct tape is Silver.....
Having a saltwater tank without coral is like the Hells angels riding Mopeds*************************************
"The road to success is always under construction."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Saltwater Algae Empty
PostSubject: Re: Saltwater Algae   Saltwater Algae Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Saltwater Algae
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
UsaFishBox :: :: SaltWater Aquaria :: General Saltwater Disc.-
Jump to: